Puffy Battery Phantom 2 vision +

Reaction score
I need help, I got two batteries at the same time with my phantom 2 vision + for Christmas, so it has been 4 months, and I'm beginning to notice that in both batteries they are puffy, when squeezing it feels like squeezing a very firm ballon, from what I've seen, this is common in these batteries after 3-4 months, and also that I should stop using the battery, but I'm not to sure, I need advice on wether I need to dispose of the battery or if it's ok to use, I'm really upset that for a battery of that price it's dead so soon, I really need some advice(sorry if there is a lack of detail)

Do you know how, and why, you have ruined new batteries in 4 months? If not, do you expect different life for replacements?

I need help, I got two batteries at the same time with my phantom 2 vision + for Christmas, so it has been 4 months, and I'm beginning to notice that in both batteries they are puffy, when squeezing it feels like squeezing a very firm ballon, from what I've seen, this is common in these batteries after 3-4 months, and also that I should stop using the battery, but I'm not to sure, I need advice on wether I need to dispose of the battery or if it's ok to use, I'm really upset that for a battery of that price it's dead so soon, I really need some advice(sorry if there is a lack of detail)
Puffing is not good, must have been hard to remove them? did you properly store them when not in use as per the documentation tells you. caution IF you fly them.

Ignore mk1074 or anyone who chooses to admonish rather than advise. I found his post completely useless and narcissistic.

This puffing is common to LiPos when not stored at ~50% charge. Other issues which can cause this are typically eliminated with the on-board electronics.
If you are not planning to use them for about a week run them down to 50%. This can be determined by the number of LEDs that illuminate when you push the battery button once.
Good idea to Google the subject to
learn more about DJI P2 battery use and maintenance. Lots of info 'out there'.

I fly puffy batteries all the time. Look at your stats on the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant.. If the cells are close, the battery is in good shape. Always make sure you store the batteries at about 50%. Never leave a battery stored at 100% over a 24 to 36 hours. This can cause it to swell and diminish the life. Heat is also a factor, don't leave batteries in a hot car. If your in doubt, don't fly them over 50% charge. If you have a bad cell, it will usually show up at the lower part of the cycle. One more thing, check the full capacity in the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant. This will tell you a lot about the battery. If its around 4900 to 5200 mAh or above, your good to go.
At least every 20 cycles you should discharge you're battery to 3.35v per cell or discharge till it turns its self off. Wait 45 mins until battery is cooled down before recharging, then fully recharge.

I fly puffy batteries all the time. Look at your stats on the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant.. If the cells are close, the battery is in good shape. Always make sure you store the batteries at about 50%. Never leave a battery stored at 100% over a 24 to 36 hours. This can cause it to swell and diminish the life. Heat is also a factor, don't leave batteries in a hot car. If your in doubt, don't fly them over 50% charge. If you have a bad cell, it will usually show up at the lower part of the cycle. One more thing, check the full capacity in the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant. This will tell you a lot about the battery. If its around 4900 to 5200 mAh or above, your good to go.
At least every 20 cycles you should discharge you're battery to 3.35v per cell or discharge till it turns its self off. Wait 45 mins until battery is cooled down before recharging, then fully recharge.
Ok thanks so much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.