PSP Deal dilemna

Reaction score
Good evening!

New here, could use some advice. Ive had the p3s for awhile & although it's been great, i'm ready for one with a few more features (is better camera, better remote, goes farther, etc.). My budget is $1k so the p4 is not an option. Right now i can get a new sealed in the box P3P 4k for $700. I keep floating between this & the Mavic. The only advantages i can see on the mavic is the visioning sensors & of course the portability aspect of it. Both would be great but is it worth the extra $300? Whats my best move?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Other than the price, another advantage of the P3P is that it uses the same batteries and possibly some other accessories that you already have from your P3S.

Reactions: dougsteph
If you watch the deals you can get a P4 for as low as 850 new, or 750 for a DJI refurbish. The front obstacle sensors have saved me a couple times, and the 48 mph sport mode saved me when I got caught in a couple gusts in excess of 40mph. Msinger is correct in regards to using you batteries in the p3, it's something to consider

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Good evening!

New here, could use some advice. Ive had the p3s for awhile & although it's been great, i'm ready for one with a few more features (is better camera, better remote, goes farther, etc.). My budget is $1k so the p4 is not an option. Right now i can get a new sealed in the box P3P 4k for $700. I keep floating between this & the Mavic. The only advantages i can see on the mavic is the visioning sensors & of course the portability aspect of it. Both would be great but is it worth the extra $300? Whats my best move?

I'd go with the P3P
I have 2 and reckon they're great
The batteries and other accessories play a big part too

thanks. I just sold my p3s last week, as a co-worker offered me a price for it not much more what I could buy a new one for, so i thought why not. Only two things i kept was a carbon graphic gimbal cover & a dji lanyard strap. So no spare batteries. I had also never bought a case for mine yet as i couldn't decide which one to get.

I would get the Mavic, spare batteries are $89 so the increase in upfront costs are quickly negated if you plan to have several batteries. Not to mention you won't be buying a discontinued product.

I would go with a P4. I got my new for $899 on Amazon. Prices changes every day on there and sometimes every hour. You just have to keep watching.

Mavic would be my choice if I was birdless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks everyone. I ended up ordering the Mavic tonight from Dji...i know the camera is slightly better on the P4 but i travel a lot and the portability factor just kept running through my mind. Hope it comes before I leave on a trip in March!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4