PS3 motor replacement

Reaction score
Hi everybody after yesterday's flight I heard a weird noise coming form one of the mooted and I think the bearing got damaged for unknown reason....maybe dust or something else...I need to.replace it and I'm looking for advises on how to do it. I'm not really used to wiring or similar. ..is it feasible? Is there any trick to know before I start opening it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Its not bad if you know how to solder and have a good soldering iron. First you need to know which motor it is, black or silver. Then you need to buy the right one either 2312 or 2312(a) depending on your motherboard. 2312 is for the 07 version of the motherboard (raised crown on top of motor) and 2312(a) is for the 09 board (flat top motor). Then you need to remove the top cover of the drone, around 16 screws, both torx and hex, then pry off the cover so you dont break it. Disconnect the GPS lead in the back. Unsolder the motor wires on the motherboard, dont splice the wires! Unscrew the 4 screws holding the motor in. Then screw and solder the new motor in, button it up and youre ready to go. Oh, and dont forget to reattach the GOS lead before you screw the cover back on.

Ok thanks acrually I've seen a number of tutorials and mange to figure out the whole thing...I've ordered the tools and the motor from Helipad.com...hope no surprises...

By the way I flew again today and found that maybe also another motor will need replacement.....actually I've ordered the front left motor and then found that I might need also the right front. ..

3b5d6da5475fd56fa421075aa65eac94.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31