PS3 DualShock Controls... ADDED ... SCREENSHOT FUNCTION !!!

Re: PS3 DUALSHOCK CONTROLS [Camera Tilt-Rec-Pic-Radar etc...

jasonb777 said:
Just to let you guys know I did some research and tis mod is very easy to do still if your an IOS guy like myself. First you need to make sure you are still running anything less than ios 8, reason being you need to jailbreak your iphone or ipad which is very easy, but if you have already downloaded ios 8 there is no going back and you CANNOT jailbreak your device :( After the device has been jailbroke you need to look up sixaxispair and depending what you are running windows, or mac there is a download that will allow your device to pair very easily with the ps3 controller. I ordered a new ps3 dual shock controller so I will tell you how it works when its all said and done. There is a few very helpful vids on youtube just type in ' connecting iphone to ps3 controller', there is various methods of doing this using an apple product but the most user friendly is the sixaxispair, because after all the setting up is done you will only have to push one button to connect before every flight.

Good find :D ... I just came on to share a video i found that shows iPhone is a viable option as well ... but you beat me to it :?

Heres the video i found using Bluetrol 3.0... looks pretty darn straight forward and easy to do.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qXqSTqy-pM[/youtube]

Now... i did appreciate your darkside jab at Android... it's fun to stab back and forth like that... but this ending statement?

jasonb777 said:
(apple) so you don't crash your phantom :D :mrgreen: :D

That's just fluff for nothing bro... now you have gone too far :twisted: :lol:

ToThePoint said:
As i see the issue DBS and from a patents point of view, the first to publish a work/idea is the one that holds the credit.
As you mention, he didn't tell you the specifics, just a pointing in a direction but not showing what to see.
Therefore you came with the final solution ( your solution ) and shared that idea/mod, the how YOU did it.
I followed the threat as of your first post and i was confused in the beginning.
Now i can figure out how the idea works.
But i guess i don't see any need for it to do the mod now as DJI is planning to release the 7th channel on the next update ( maybe ? ).
I humble bow for the idea/mod as it is foremost the best I've seen. Very creative thinking !

Thankyou sir ... :ugeek:

In regards to your 7th channel comment...

So I've had this PS3 Mod on my tx for a few days now and flown with it a few times... Camera tilt control is just awesome to have at my fingertips but there are other things going on here... now that I have the other controls available I find myself using them much more often than I would have thought before the mod... Video start/stop used to be something I would do before takeoff and after landing ... "just film the whole **** thing and edit the garbage out later" right? .... The addition of this control has enabled me to record when I want to easily and come home with several clips from a single flight without taking my hands off the controls during the process... Same thing with snapping pics along the way (something I rarely used prior)...

But the biggest difference... The Radar... I've probably only toggled that thing on and off a dozen times since I first got this bird... NOW having it available at my fingertips I might turn it on and off a half dozen times per flight!! Can't say enough about having that available and easy to trigger/hide when I want it... :mrgreen:

So yeah... If and when the 7th channel becomes available I may go that route as well using a more precise pot that I mount myself (I don't like the lever... I tried it) ....
But I won't give up the extra features this mod has given me...
They are becoming one of the better things about my control setup now and I feel like I "need" them more than "want" them... and I can map out the PS3 tilt controls to other functions I guess...
Like "clear screen" and "camera settings menu" :ugeek:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-03-08-05-36-picsay.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-03-08-05-36-picsay.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 594

This is evolving quite nicely...I need to find my trashed sixaxxis....

DBS said:
ToThePoint said:
... i don't see any need for it to do the mod now as DJI is planning to release the 7th channel on the next update ( maybe ? ).
This mod also maps other on-screen functions to physical buttons:

• 1) Camera Tilt (ch 7)
    2) Radar
    3) Video Record (on/off)
    4) Take Picture

keeps both hands on the joysticks.

Re: Game Changer Plus - PS3 DualShock controls {VIDEO IS UP}

kickthefences said:
The least you could do was leave mention to the one who came up with the idea, like you done before... why take it out...
just for the record this is not a dbs original idea...if i was trying to make a buck??...yes i was... can you blame me?? isnt everyone else, starting at DJI themselfs!?
but taking credit for someone else's idea... that just blows...

with that being said
cheers and enjoy your bird

Should have gone about it another way, bro. Selling the plans outright, instead of an unknown kick starter, would've worked out much better for you, I think.
And now, bashing someone that beat you to the punch? Chalk it up to a learning experience, I'd say.

NEXT STEP FOR THIS MOD

mede8er said:
This is evolving quite nicely...I need to find my trashed sixaxxis....

:ugeek: SPEAKING OF EVOLVING :ugeek:

One of the things this mod was missing was status lights since the mother board is buried inside the tx...
20140919_140538_zpsplrmgbtc.jpg

The four lights on the back of the PS3 controller give you information...
ps3-controller-red-blinking-lights-500x281.jpg

Information such as ... POWER ON... (rapid blink) .... CONNECT... (solid steady on) .... CHARGING... (slow blink) .... and CHANNEL (number illuminates what player you are)

SO... The one thing we don't need here is channel... it will always be channel one now... so i whipped out the trusty soldering iron with the wedge tip and knocked the last three lights off the board... then the same with the channel one light but with this one soldered a couple wires to the pads... found a white jumbo LED in my stash... yanked out the old Home Button insert from the now dismembered comtroller... drilled a hole... did some creative hot gluing (hot glue is your friend)...

and BAAM!!!

Gentlemen... I give you...

"P2V+PS3Pro tx Mod"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUAT8t8lKV8[/youtube]

Took me 3 hours just to decide where to drill the **** hole :?
Finally I just said "screw it... X marks the spot baby!!!"

20140924_183641_zpszdm30bw4.jpg

Well there it is... I think I'm done with this one :ugeek:

Everything stated in the above message is to be considered my own foolishness, and not an official representation of Sony Corporation or any DJI representatives or employees. Actual mileage may vary. Price does not include tax, title, and license. Some assembly required. Each sold separately. Batteries not included. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. If conditions persist, contact a physician. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Keep in a cool dark place. May cause foul smelling, oily discharge and/or **** leakage. If this product gives you an erection that lasts for more than four hours , please consult a prostitute. Tag not to be removed under penalty of law. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. No purchase necessary. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. Extinguish all pilot lights. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Replace with same type. Accessories sold separately. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Keep away from fire or flame. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. Hard hat area. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. Adults 18 and over only. Detach and keep for your reference. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. Demo package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before deciding. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Taxes and registration fees may apply.... ©DBS'MODs™MMXIV [All Rights Reserved]

jasonb777 said:
Just to let you guys know I did some research and tis mod is very easy to do still if your an IOS guy like myself. First you need to make sure you are still running anything less than ios 8, reason being you need to jailbreak your iphone or ipad which is very easy, but if you have already downloaded ios 8 there is no going back and you CANNOT jailbreak your device :( After the device has been jailbroke you need to look up sixaxispair and depending what you are running windows, or mac there is a download that will allow your device to pair very easily with the ps3 controller. I ordered a new ps3 dual shock controller so I will tell you how it works when its all said and done. There is a few very helpful vids on youtube just type in ' connecting iphone to ps3 controller', there is various methods of doing this using an apple product but the most user friendly is the sixaxispair, because after all the setting up is done you will only have to push one button to connect before every flight. No need to come over to the darkside(android) just stay in the light(apple) so you don't crash your phantom :D :mrgreen: :D

And you may still have time to downgrade if you did.....

http://www.macworld.com/article/2687162 ... grade.html

DBS said:
Everything stated in the above message is to be considered my own foolishness, and not an official representation of Sony Corporation or any DJI representatives or employees. Actual mileage may vary. Price does not include tax, title, and license. Some assembly required. Each sold separately. Batteries not included. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. If conditions persist, contact a physician. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Keep in a cool dark place. May cause foul smelling, oily discharge and/or **** leakage. If this product gives you an erection that lasts for more than four hours , please consult a prostitute. Tag not to be removed under penalty of law. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. No purchase necessary. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. Extinguish all pilot lights. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Replace with same type. Accessories sold separately. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Keep away from fire or flame. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. Hard hat area. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. Adults 18 and over only. Detach and keep for your reference. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. Demo package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before deciding. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Taxes and registration fees may apply.... ©DBS'MODs™MMXIV [All Rights Reserved]

Whoa Whoa Whoa... It says "Reproduction strictly prohibited" :cry:
So I can't copy this to make my own? :lol:

planedr said:
Whoa Whoa Whoa... It says "Reproduction strictly prohibited" :cry:
So I can't copy this to make my own? :lol:

Well at least you got the joke :D ... (I was just kinda poking fun at somebody with all that) :|

Re: PS3 DUALSHOCK CONTROLS... UPDATE... Status Light Mod :)

Hey DBS its me jasonb777 the apple guy :lol: I got my ps3 controller today and I got sixaxispairtool set up on my ipad with the controllers for all download and the bluestacks download. I can use the controller on alot of random games but it doesn't show up on the DJI app, do you have to somehow map the controls? Let me know if you got any ideas :(

you should try blutrol...
you cant map bottons in controllers for all, because the mapping is on the games side, controllers for all just emulates the ps3 controller as an MFI controller, like the mooga ace and such.
with blutrol you can take a screenshot and map the buttons were you want them.

I second that recommendation.... posted it a page back with instructional video...
DBS said:
Heres the video i found using Bluetrol 3.0... looks pretty darn straight forward and easy to do.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qXqSTqy-pM[/youtube]

BUTTONS NEED TO BE MAPPED FOR THIS TO WORK... DJI VISION APP DOESN'T HAVE NATIVE GAMEPAD SUPPORT SO YOU HAVE TO FORCE THE SITUATION... WATCH THAT VIDEO AND IT'S A BREEZE :ugeek:

I am iOS version 7.0.4 on my iPhone 5s. I went to download Blutrol and it says it is not compatible with my iOS. Any other options?

Yeah I saw what you posted DBS but Im having the same problem kevinator is having. I have ios 7.1.2 or something and blutrol doesn't support anything that late yet. I've been searching other options but couldn't find anything else, looks like all there is is blutrol and controllers for all :( :eek:

"Controllers For All" doesn't do it ... it only gets the bluetooth pairing squared away... but doesn't allow button mapping ... Itt basically allows you to use games that already have gamepad API built in but DJI Vision app doesn't have that.

This is a bummer :(

Search your jailbreak forums and see if anybody has figured a work around... I saw somebody complaining that said they had blutrol on 7.0.4 but it would disconnect after a half hour... There must be something out there if somebody had it running... I'm just not too familiar cuzz i ain't a froot lover :lol:

Seriously though ... I don't know squat about iOS and I'm googling my way through trying to help here... Very frustrating when we have had this with android since mid 2009 :ugeek: ... Wish i could be of more help here :?

Thanks DBS. Would a cheap android tablet or someone's old android phone work ok?

If you're gonna do that... do an XDA Google search for it first... such as ... "Nexus 7 XDA root" ... and make sure it can be rooted and that root process still has some active support... Then do a "Nexus 7 sixaxis controller" (example) Google search... make sure others are using the Sixaxis app with the model you are looking at... you don't wanna go out and get something just to find out you're left out in the cold again :ugeek:

I used Nexus 7 as an example because I know it works and the price has come down significantly since last year... it would be a good choice... people are unloading them like crazy on eBay since the rumor of the Nexus 8 started up not too long ago...

DBS said:
If you're gonna do that... do an XDA Google search for it first... such as ... "Nexus 7 XDA root" ... and make sure it can be rooted and that root process still has some active support... Then do a "Nexus 7 sixaxis controller" (example) Google search... make sure others are using the Sixaxis app with the model you are looking at... you don't wanna go out and get something just to find out you're left out in the cold again :ugeek:

I used Nexus 7 as an example because I know it works and the price has come down significantly since last year... it would be a good choice... people are unloading them like crazy on eBay since the rumor of the Nexus 8 started up not too long ago...

Thank you DBS. Will a first generation Nexus 7 work ok?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4