PS3 DualShock Controls... ADDED ... SCREENSHOT FUNCTION !!!

Re: Game Changer Plus - PS3 DualShock controls {VIDEO IS UP}

Thanks for making this available to us but I'm still unlcear on the connections.
The Buttons have two legs and the diagram shows only one connection? So where do the (is it ground?) connect to.

And what are the resistors for?

If you ever opend you receiver again would be great if you could take detailed picture of the soldering areas.

Luap said:
Thanks for making this available to us but I'm still unlcear on the connections.
The Buttons have two legs and the diagram shows only one connection? So where do the (is it ground?) connect to.

If you ever opend you receiver again would be great if you could take detailed picture of the soldering areas.

watching the video a couple of posts back and at 3.50 there are a few frames of where the wires are connected to the PCB, not clear what wires go where on the PCB and having colour coded everything black adds to the lack of clarity ;) . maybe the OP can show the pin out contacts on the board and say what does what. i would like to know how you tell each button, or set of wire connection points what part of the screen it activates so it knows what you want the button press to do???

Hi locoworks

I may be able to answer your question in a general fashion. The configuring of the ps3 buttons to pushing a certain part of the screen is done in the software "sixaxis controller"

From memory, you take a screenshot of the DJI vision app in the camera view. Edit a touch profile in the sixaxis controller app, importing the screenshot, and then you assign buttons in the app. Hope I got the right end of the stick with regards your question.

Luap said:

locoworks said:
watching the video a couple of posts back and at 3.50 there are a few frames of where the wires are connected to the PCB, not clear what wires go where on the PCB and having colour coded everything black adds to the lack of clarity ;) . maybe the OP can show the pin out contacts on the board and say what does what. i would like to know how you tell each button, or set of wire connection points what part of the screen it activates so it knows what you want the button press to do???

Trying to help... but i'm not sure how to explain better than that diagram... that's what i worked off of and it is better than my picture below :?

Sorry for the crappy quality diagram here but i did this on my phone with my fat finger... :|
1411304539_20140918_160128-picsay_zpsj8txvfx6.jpg

So i was basically working with the right side of the board for my buttons... starting with "COMMON R" ... lets call that a send... it sends the signal from the board out to all the R channel buttons you wish to use... then the red squares on all the buttons are "return" ... they return the button press back to the appropriate pin and trigger that press...

Luap said:

If you don't add the resistors then ALL the buttons are firing ALL the time... not good... learned that the hard way :oops:

locoworks said:
i would like to know how you tell each button, or set of wire connection points what part of the screen it activates so it knows what you want the button press to do???

You need to look into the Sixaxis app to better understand that... i posted links or just do a youtube search... basically you can map ANY button on the PS3 controllor to trigger a touch on ANY spot on your screen...

I mapped mine and wired mine in this random order for no particular reason... once you understand the layout and how the 'send' and 'return' function to trigger buttons... then you could wire this way easier to spread things out on the pins and make the soldering easier... (which is how i would do it if i was gonna do this again)

DBS said:
Trying to help... but i'm not sure how to explain better than that diagram... that's what i worked off of and it is better than my picture below :?

Sorry for the crappy quality diagram here but i did this on my phone with my fat finger... :|

So i was basically working with the right side of the board for my buttons... starting with "COMMON R" ... lets call that a send... it sends the signal from the board out to all the R channel buttons you wish to use... then the red squares on all the buttons are "return" ... they return the button press back to the appropriate pin and trigger that press...

Perfect diagram - not crappy at all! Thanks I get it now :)
Have you had a chance yet to fly and what were your impressions?

awesome pic DBS, just what was needed. thankyou. I guess with a few buttons spare some extra functions may be possible down the line if DJI adds other on screen options.

DBS : brillant ! Really !
I wish i was as good as you. Unfortunately, i wont be able to mod my radio like you did :(

BUT !!
This gave me an idea.
Why not do the "reverse" thing ?
You integrated the ps3 buttons into the dji radiocontroller right ?
So... why not integrate the Dji radio into a ps3 pad ?
You have sticks, buttons..
Im sure its doable... at least by you ;)

styloblanc said:
DBS : brillant ! Really !
I wish i was as good as you. Unfortunately, i wont be able to mod my radio like you did :(

BUT !!
This gave me an idea.
Why not do the "reverse" thing ?
You integrated the ps3 buttons into the dji radiocontroller right ?
So... why not integrate the Dji radio into a ps3 pad ?
You have sticks, buttons..
Im sure its doable... at least by you ;)

Thankyou for the compliments sir... however... I dunno about that reverse idea :?

Just the DJI transmitter board alone is too big to fit Inside the PS3 Controller body :shock:

The least you could do was leave mention to the one who came up with the idea, like you done before... why take it out...
just for the record this is not a dbs original idea...if i was trying to make a buck??...yes i was... can you blame me?? isnt everyone else, starting at DJI themselfs!?
but taking credit for someone else's idea... that just blows...

with that being said
cheers and enjoy your bird

kickthefences: Great idea you had.
I believe DBS did credit you several times in his posts, perhaps not on every one though.
DBS: Really nice job documenting this!

kickthefences said:
but taking credit for someone else's idea... that just blows...

poor man :|

Incredible mod. Makes me want to buy an Android!

DronePilot said:
kickthefences: Great idea you had.
I believe DBS did credit you several times in his posts, perhaps not on every one though.

I thought about this for a couple days ... And i did give him credit at the top and bottom of my original post for a couple days... I took the top one off... (the bottom one is still there... shoot, i was even calling my thread "Game Changer Plus" as a shout out to his thread :roll: ... i just changed that too... i'd rather not be associated with the negativity :( )

My thought was "he never shared this idea or told any of us what his was or what he was up to... I just guessed and went on with my mod" (which is much different from his i assume... we still don't know)... and after the shitty PM he sent me for taking a guess at what he was trying to sell here... There's no love loss... I still tried to be supportive of his "idea" but whatever.

I'm not "taking credit' for any of that part of the mod... i don't say anywhere that i thought of it or it came to me in a dream... the mod i came up with is my idea and that is all... my teardown... my hack... my build... that's all... and that's all i posted.

If anybody should get any credit it should be dancing pixel studios who came up with the idea to map button presses on android with a PS3 controller... neither one of us thought of any of this... he made a connection... I made an educated guess... and now here we are.... with him still being sour about the whole deal :oops:

Sorry he feels that way but it is unreasonable when his name is still in the original post and a few other places on the forum...
(I should remove that as well if i'm going to be accused of it anyway) :?

garrock said:
Excellent mod-work Chuck !

Thanks Big G!! Good to see you lurking around here bro :ugeek:

DronePilot said:

Thanks DP... and thanks for stickin up for me back there :cool:

astroboy said:
Incredible mod. Makes me want to buy an Android!

DO IT!!! :twisted: come over to the dark side :twisted: and thankyou sir :ugeek:

Re: PS3 DUALSHOCK CONTROLS [Camera Tilt-Rec-Pic-Radar etc...

Nice Mod/Hack DBS!!!
It's a pity you need a rooted android device.

I wonder if there is keyboard button assigned to the tilt.. maybe we can use a mini Bluetooth keyboard for tilt control if we know what they are mapped to.

I might try tonight.

Luap said:
http://www.banggood.com/Ipega-Wireless-Bluetooth-Game-Controller-For-Android-IOS-Phone-p-934700.html
Im wondering whether oneof these would work

Are you talking "would work" in general? ... or, "would work with iPhone/iPad In response to the post above yours?

As i see the issue DBS and from a patents point of view, the first to publish a work/idea is the one that holds the credit.
As you mention, he didn't tell you the specifics, just a pointing in a direction but not showing what to see.
Therefore you came with the final solution ( your solution ) and shared that idea/mod, the how YOU did it.
I followed the threat as of your first post and i was confused in the beginning.
Now i can figure out how the idea works.
But i guess i don't see any need for it to do the mod now as DJI is planning to release the 7th channel on the next update ( maybe ? ).
I humble bow for the idea/mod as it is foremost the best I've seen. Very creative thinking !

Just to let you guys know I did some research and tis mod is very easy to do still if your an IOS guy like myself. First you need to make sure you are still running anything less than ios 8, reason being you need to jailbreak your iphone or ipad which is very easy, but if you have already downloaded ios 8 there is no going back and you CANNOT jailbreak your device :( After the device has been jailbroke you need to look up sixaxispair and depending what you are running windows, or mac there is a download that will allow your device to pair very easily with the ps3 controller. I ordered a new ps3 dual shock controller so I will tell you how it works when its all said and done. There is a few very helpful vids on youtube just type in ' connecting iphone to ps3 controller', there is various methods of doing this using an apple product but the most user friendly is the sixaxispair, because after all the setting up is done you will only have to push one button to connect before every flight. No need to come over to the darkside(android) just stay in the light(apple) so you don't crash your phantom :D :mrgreen: :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers