Proud new Papa...

wow, wow, wow !!!!

thought i lost my P2 tonight. i'm still flying without FPV !!!

i decided to attempt another long distance, but still VLOS, flight. i have been shooting for 800m., but falling short because of my perception. after failing multiple times, tonight i kept the forward thrust engaged for longer than normal. finally i turned vertical to myself and saw good response, so i turned away and flew for a little bit longer.

finally i decided that was enough and made my turn around. everything good at this point. feeling real good... looked away from the black silhouette in the sky for a moment and I COULD NOT FIND IT AGAIN !!!!! i was not happy, but believed i was heading back in the correct direction. after searching for at least 1 min and the phantom hovering (i'm guessing) i could not find it.

so, thank goodness i'm in naza mode. i switch S2 to HOME and pull back on the stick. it took like 3 mins before i saw it again...

whew...., lesson learned. do not take eyes off bird when out over 500m....

everybody is safe and happy at home. painted props kicking arse !!!!

for those of you freaking, i am flying over agricultural land...

here's the video !!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is inspirational!
Airborne, what cases are those/where did you get them/are they selfcut?
Keep flying (AND sharing) - these photos inspire me.

thanks baldrick...

its a pelican 1560 case with pic and pull foam. got it for $165 on ebay.

def will keep flying and sharing..

after 28 flights, i have 5.8 hours of flying my new phantom... :cool:

thanks baldrick...

its a pelican 1560 case with pic and pull foam. got it for $165 on ebay.

def will keep flying and sharing..

after 28 flights, i have 5.8 hours of flying my new phantom... :cool:
Haha! Thanks for the info - I am wondering how much it would cost (probably £20ish) to buy a hard plastic protective case then buy sheets of foam and make my own.

Reactions: Christy
[emoji1][emoji1][emoji106][emoji106]

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Haha! Thanks for the info - I am wondering how much it would cost (probably £20ish) to buy a hard plastic protective case then buy sheets of foam and make my own.

your way would be cheaper for sure.

share a pic or two if you build it...

so my drone is in pieces and i'm grounded :eek:

not because of a crash, but because it's getting a serious landing gear upgrade.

so i ordered these

$_12.JPG

and this

IMG_1463m_zpsj8is6axi.jpg

to create some landing gear that i could remove with 1 screw on each side, thus still fitting in the case i bought for it.

the carbon fiber is 1/16" and i have decided to double up on each side to make it 1/8" thick.

here's my 3rd prototype and the one that finally got bolted on.

IMG_1464m_zpsijbg7did.jpg

IMG_1468m_zpsv4c0t2zi.jpg

IMG_1471m_zpsbn38ikob.jpg

IMG_1470m_zpskzbuz2ee.jpg

so now that i have the template, i need to dremel my way through 3 more.

the landing gear is awful tall, so i will probably cut that down too, as long as i stay out of the gopro view. stability and getting out of the camera view was my reason for upgrading.

i plan on leaving the the leg that has the compass on it in place, or leaving the compass portion in place and cutting the rest off (member marlin009 did this and gave me the idea).

so i have longer screws ordered too. once those arrive i will have a fully intact bird again.

i like where this is going...

OH YEA !!!, my immersion tx is in route. all i have left to get is the black pearl and antennas...

Nice work. :cool:

i just wifi'd the gopro and decided cutting 3" from each leg would keep it completely out of the camera view.

done, 3 inches taken of each leg...

manufacturing continues...

back in the air !!!!

IMG_1484m_zpsbqwrv3g3.jpg

IMG_1488m_zpsspsgla9x.jpg

IMG_1491m_zpsimmuxbqc.jpg

IMG_5169m_zpscdz5xej7.jpg

:p:D:cool:

Do not use the gopro wifi with a P2. They're the same frequency......crash.
It won't crash, but your control range will be about 30 ft then it will land.

thanks and yes on advice.

1. recalibrate compass b4 every flight
This is bad advice. Read the manual - you only need to recalibrate the compass if you have moved a large distance from the last calibration or if you add or remove equipment. Some people say 50-100 miles. I have calibrated my P2 compass three times in the past year. Once out of the box, again when the Gimbal and Hero 4 was installed, and the last time a few months ago when I added the Flytrex 3G.

This is bad advice. Read the manual - you only need to recalibrate the compass if you have moved a large distance from the last calibration or if you add or remove equipment. Some people say 50-100 miles. I have calibrated my P2 compass three times in the past year. Once out of the box, again when the Gimbal and Hero 4 was installed, and the last time a few months ago when I added the Flytrex 3G.

bad advice?

maybe overkill, but not bad...

thanks for playing...

Last edited:
Holy quadcopters Batman!!!

I like... :)

thanks... last night after a couple of flights, i cut another inch off of each leg. i was still getting the left skid just a bit...

i do believe these extended legs have affected performance just a bit. she still flies for the same amount of time, but just doesn't seem quite as nimble in the air to me.

not sure, will fly again soon. not saying it affects flight, it still flies well, just doesn't seem as smooth...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.