Proud new Papa...

only dji batteries

here is a video I made using the phantom as a hand gimbal. I need to slow my turns, but it came out okay...

got a flying video coming up, just takes time... ;)

and here is my first fireworks attempt. shots from the drone and the ground with a hero3 and phantom 2

things I learned:
*red leds need to be taped up, doh

*a better pre-determined height needs to be planned

*need some shots from above the mortars

*take some video with drone from further back

all-in-all if was successful, drone flew well in the dark, got home safe and was able to film without a FPV.

Very nice :) looks like i have lost to learn [emoji6]
Any advice befor my first flight ?

thanks and yes on advice.

1. recalibrate compass b4 every flight
2. Check your battery power
3. When descending take it slow if possible
4. Understand what a CSC and how it drop your bird from the sky if you execute It while flying
5. Read the Manual, then read it again (you can download and get a jump start)
6. Read lots on this forum
7. Watch informative youtube videos
8. Realize that to fly you don't have to go full throttle, full yaw, full roll, etc... (I started with an AR Drone 2.0 and flew it with my mini iPad. a real controller is much more sensitive and I am still learning this)
9. Set a timer for battery

good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: IflyinWY
Before all I want to set up all fpv wiring and then all its done and ready [emoji6]

I really need to add an FPV system soon, as I am flying blind.

btw I flew for 18 mins on a battery

Hopefully I'm gonna revived my bird this week plus all fpv parts connect saturday and do some test runs ( nice and gently )

cool, when you get your parts and build it, start a thread, would love to see what you come up with.

here's another cosmetic mod. just more chrome pin striping, plus I did the props.

IMG_5119m_zpsr4dhbduo.jpg

and I received my gimbal lock for transporting ;)

IMG_5117m_zpskokiww15.jpg

i also added a carbon fiber camera/gimbal guard. it was for a PV2 so I had to modify it with my dremel to make it work. you can see part of it in the above pic.

here is my first daylight video production while flying. July 4th weekend in East Texas with friends.

thanks... still learning...

1. recalibrate compass b4 every flight
2. Check your battery power
3. When descending take it slow if possible
4. Understand what a CSC and how it drop your bird from the sky if you execute It while flying
5. Read the Manual, then read it again (you can download and get a jump start)
6. Read lots on this forum
7. Watch informative youtube videos
8. Realize that to fly you don't have to go full throttle, full yaw, full roll, etc... (I started with an AR Drone 2.0 and flew it with my mini iPad. a real controller is much more sensitive and I am still learning this)
9. Set a timer for battery

after 10 flights and 2 close calls on low batteries. I added number 9 to the list above. setting my iphone timer every takeoff now...

Last edited:
so, last night I configured my P2 to fly in naza mode.

really like the course lock and home lock features.

also flew out about 350 meters per google earth. thought I was a lot further.

no problem out here where I live in heavy agriculture land... land, land and more un-inhabited land...

Great , thanks
You reckon fpv is better than wifi ?

Do not use the gopro wifi with a P2. They're the same frequency......crash.

Nice setup Airborne.

Reactions: Airborne
thanks marlin009...

lovin it !!!!

Reactions: Marlin009
added some shapeways landing gear extenders. gives the gimbal/camera a little better room, especially on grass.

think I will zip tie them on, as anything but a very soft landing might knock them off...

IMG_1431m_zpsgycaatvi.jpg

ordered a iosd mini and plug and play cable tonight.

collecting parts for my FPV ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj