Prototype for drone finder

Reaction score
Hello! Since I am a big rlectronics hobbyist or wtv how you spell that lol.I was wondering if there was anyway of making something small and loght weight to be able to find your drone when it was stuck in a tree or bushes or even a swamp if you know the general location and not 5km away.So i made this.Very cheap and very easy.

1x arduino nano
1x 4 channel rf
2x cellphone battery (cheap on ebay)
1x charger cellphone battery.

And i think i will just glue gun it to the battery for now.

Basicly the way it work is that when you press the button on the rf remote.The buzzer start chirping very loud in a weird patter that can be modified easy with arduino!

6066636d01fce0406a1412e39c246e4a.jpg

e02b9fce2531d7a8f50a71ffbaa32126.jpg

fa76726d8f3ec7ce65bd44e1987dcb48.jpg

Since the band use is 433hz it not suppose to interfere with the drone and anyway it use to find it so no intention of using it while flying hahah.Anyway that was just a little something for a wednesday after noon.

:)

Matt sent from note 3.

Reactions: Erised
Whole thing was about 16$ canadian pretty sure i could find cheaper battery to make this VERY cheap.

Reactions: Erised
This locator of yours could very well fly. What distance from the remote do you expect to attain? Make it light and about the same size as the trackers all ready out there as you could use the same craft mounting brackets. I like it!

At the moment i say it is about the size of trackimo.My next step is to test how far this work :)!

Good idea.

Well I'm not sure what a good range at the moment since this is just for fun.If it work well with a distance that make sens i may try to find a 3d printef shop somewhere and get a little box fit for it.Since there 3 more button on my remote I am thinking of more thing to add to it.Maybe led's strip or something else not sure yet.I need to see how long the battery last but the beeping annoyed my wife so i cant
Leave it on for more then10 secondes before she get mad at me haha

Matt sent from note 3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31