Protection for Gopro, Gimbal?

Reaction score
Took me 4+ hrs to install the Tarot, got it to work and was very excited ( I`m not a techie ). On the first test in my backyard I took off near a tree branch, from there the Phantom became a stunt actor, hit the floor, up again a bit ( me maneuvering ) and then disastrously crashed and broke the gimbal pitch motor shaft, damaged a new GPH3 case and scratched the main lens. All this after all my successful over far ocean and almost impossible, signal losing flights :|

I already ordered lens replacements and the gimbal pitch motor, but is there a way to protect the GoPro while in the Phantom? or should I just keep going and have a second unit standing by? I wish one could use the GoPro protective case, I tried a lens cover but it was showing in the photos ( dark ring shadow).

BTW, the Phantom deserves an Oscar for resistance, when I saw and heard the double crash I thought that was it. I flew it 3 minutes later, perfectly with just the scuffed props and some scratches but it worked, hovered 100 ft as if nothing happened :lol:

Last question: if you do hit a branch and spin, do you just throttle up? I tried to kill the motors but it all happened so fast. Worse, the camera was not even working, it was a test for a 3000 Mah Battery and the new gimbal :cry:

There is a 3d printed case available for the gopro for use with the tarot gimbal . . .

This might just be what your after :)

Good job on the install, mine took a few weeks lmao, I receive a faulty board (components falling off) so I got a new one, and found that adaptor board I had bought had the wrong alignment. I found a better one from infinity hobby and was able to mount the Vtx and some other sensors etc on the board freeing up room inside the phantom.

I haven't powered my tarot (or phantom) since I started the install, I might do a lil write up of all the **** I've got going on in there now, but I'll wait until its done and I can post some video for it too :)

Thanks, where can I find the 3d printed cover for the Tarot/GP3??

Driffill said:
There is a 3d printed case available for the gopro for use with the tarot gimbal . . .

This might just be what your after :)

Good job on the install, mine took a few weeks lmao, I receive a faulty board (components falling off) so I got a new one, and found that adaptor board I had bought had the wrong alignment. I found a better one from infinity hobby and was able to mount the Vtx and some other sensors etc on the board freeing up room inside the phantom.

I haven't powered my tarot (or phantom) since I started the install, I might do a lil write up of all the **** I've got going on in there now, but I'll wait until its done and I can post some video for it too :)

IS there a link showing which 3D printed case is successfully used with the GP3?
This one does not show mounted on the Tarot, I`d like to see it mounted:
sku_94841_1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31