Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

protect your gimbal!

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Julius717, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Julius717

I'm sure this has been brought up and posted about already, but I couldn't be happier with the Killer RC gimbal protector

I've already fallen victim to a broken gimbal, it wasn't a very hard landing and still managed to demolish the camera. I only had my bird for a couple weeks so I was very disappointed. I have an Inspire 1 on order through my local hobby store so I had no intentions on fixing my V2+ for fear of the same accident. Once I saw this I immediately ordered a new gimbal setup

Installed it all today and back in the air now with no worries. I recommend this to every single person who owns a V2+

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. flyNfrank

Killer RC Gimbal Protector is money well spent. I don't have one and my camera separated the same as in the pics above.

3. catchingchrome

I bought one and didn't fly my phantom for the first time until I installed mine. I figured it wasn't worth it until I had some camera protection. To me it was well worth the $40.

4. eyecon82

I bought one. Crashed my Phantom into a tree, a mind of it's own. I'm pretty sure it saved my gimbal

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

6. landwomble

Could you do much the same with wire?

7. MapMaker53

Not sure how you would use wire. The forward part of the gimbal has to rotate freely with nothing touching it. A sketch of how you might use wire would help.

8. worldsoutro

Poor design by DJI on this one. Flimsy support for the gimbal makes it easy to break

9. TomWolves

10. MapMaker53

11. Julius717

Then killer RC in my opinion is the best no plastic no rubber bands it screws right in no problem never have to worry about it again I've already broken a gimble so 50$ for a machined piece is worth it on a 700$ camera