prosecute anyone who shoots at an unmanned aircraft or "drone."

Reaction score
Direct the Dept. of Justice & FBI to criminally prosecute anyone who shoots at an unmanned aircraft or "drone."
Shooting at an "aircraft," whether manned or unmanned, is a federal crime under 18 USC 32, punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 or up to 20 years in prison, or both.

Despite nearly a dozen publicized drone shootings since 2014, the DOJ and FBI have neither said nor done anything to enforce the federal criminal law against drone shooters.

State and local laws have been ineffective in stopping drone shootings, and the DOJ's & FBI's failure to enforce federal criminal law against drone shooters has turned common criminals into "folk heroes."

Shooting at a drone creates a dangerous situation that can result in death or injury of persons on the ground, due to a crashing drones and falling bullets. Please direct the DOJ & FBI to enforce federal law and to prevent a tragedy from occurring.

Direct the Dept. of Justice & FBI to criminally prosecute anyone who shoots at an unmanned aircraft or "drone." | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

I have wondered about this myself... if they want to classify them as aircraft then we should get the same protections.

yes we have a set of rules to follow time they due the same

What if an illegal felon were to shoot down the aircraft while living in a sanctuary city? Would they be immune to prosecution?

Signed... but **** guys, 382 (well, 383 with mine) signatures of 100,000 required? That's pretty apathetic! This needs a lot more momentum!

I signed.....But, I'm not even sure if there are 100,000 drone owners in the country?

Last report I seen there was over 400000 registered owners. Now the ? is how many of those have more than one or three etc.
Lucky me, I was #400

Last edited:
Signed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Someone with more forum savy needs to get on other forum sites. Yuneec pilots is a branch of this site.
You're right. We got the info because of this forum. How many more out there don't even know about the petition that aren't on this forum? How many on this forum don't even know? An important Sticky or broadcast to all might help.

I'm just curious about what an illegal felon is. I wonder what a legal felon is now that I think about it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GoodnNuff
This is really great. I've shared on Facebook and am posting on my blog. The public needs to understand that drones are both aircraft and somebody's property. This shoot-first nonsense is unreal and should not be tolerated even a little.

signed also!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub