Props

Amazon and eBay are two good places to look, but you should try to be sure they are legitimate DJI props and not counterfeits

I have a list of legit props here.

Reactions: forshiggles
What's the difference between the standard plastic props and the composite hub props.
Dji seem to charge an extra £1 for the comp ones, but i assume the ones that came with the drone were the normal plastic ones.

What's the difference between the standard plastic props and the composite hub props.
DJI only makes two types of P3 props. One is all plastic and the other is some mixture of plastic and carbon fiber (called "Carbon Fiber Reinforced"). DJI advertises both as having "composite" (plastic) hubs to differentiate them from the 9450 props that have metal hubs (not compatible with the P3).

DJI only makes two types of P3 props. One is all plastic and the other is some mixture of plastic and carbon fiber (called "Carbon Fiber Reinforced"). DJI advertises both as having "composite" (plastic) hubs to differentiate them from the 9450 props that have metal hubs (not compatible with the P3).

I bought these. Amazon.com : 2 Pairs Genuine DJI Phantom 3 9450 Props Part #09 Self-Tightening Propeller 9" All Composite For Professional and Advanced : Camera & Photo

They work well. I should mention that I got real DJI props, not knockoffs like some reported.

I'm confused. On the DJI website I can see 3 different props for the phantom 3.
All listed as 9450.
Screenshot_2016-03-23-20-29-58~2.jpg
Screenshot_2016-03-23-20-30-46~2.jpg
Screenshot_2016-03-23-20-31-05~2.jpg

I'm confused. On the DJI website I can see 3 different props for the phantom 3.
Like I said above, there are only two types of P3 props. DJI does sell them with different colored stripes on them though (as shown in your photos above).

The first set are what I assume came with my drone at £5 per pair.
The second set are listed with composite hub and come withe various coloured stripe options at £6 per pair.
The third set are the carbon fiber with composite hubs at £12 per pair.

Am the composite hubs better. I'm sure I read somewhere that they are not so good at self tightening.

Like I said above, there are only two types of P3 props. DJI does sell them with different colored stripes on them though (as shown in your photos above).

There is no mention of composite hub on the cheapest set. That is what is confusing me.

DJI doesn't always excel at documentation ;)

I'm going to take a stab and see if I understand what @msinger is telling us.
There's 9450 composite hub props, & 9450 carbon fiber props, both will fit the P3's
There's a 9450 metal hub prop that will not work with the P3's

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm going to take a stab and see if I understand what @msinger is telling us.
There's 9450 composite hub props, & 9450 carbon fiber props, both will fit the P3's
There's a 9450 metal hub prop that will not work with the P3's
You got it. Was I speaking in code again? Sorry :(

why are the metal hub props not capatible with the P3? Same thread pitch no?

why are the metal hub props not capatible with the P3? Same thread pitch no?
Yes, everything is the same except the material inside the hub. The props with metal hubs will technically work, but it's not a good idea to use them since they could unwind mid flight. The active braking in the P3 is a lot more harsh than the braking in the P2.

Yes, everything is the same except the material inside the hub. The props with metal hubs will technically work, but it's not a good idea to use them since they could unwind mid flight. The active braking in the P3 is a lot more harsh than the braking in the P2.
Huh, who knew? (apparently you) Well so much for the butt load of metal hubbed props I have balanced. I never knew the active braking difference.

So you are saying that under hard breaking the prop could unwind?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So you are saying that under hard breaking the prop could unwind?
I'm saying that is why DJI warns not to use them.

Props are cheap. Don't crash and void your warranty due to something you could have avoided.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31