Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Props not moving in shadows

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Fullmetalarmour, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Fullmetalarmour

When i watched the videos that I recorded and in the shadow that the props sometimes stopped to move for a second why is that is it because of the shadow or do the Phantom operates this way?

2. ATOMSK

that is because the video you're seeing is taken at the same Frames per second that the rotors rotate. It's taking a bunch of pictures at once. if you were to look at video of the phantom, it might look like the the props aren't moving.

Same effect happens when people video cars with LED tail lights. Makes it look like the tail lights are blinking because LED's are actually flashing quickly.

3. OI Photography

It's an optical illusion caused by the rolling shutter in the camera ;)

4. Fullmetalarmour

Ok thanks i just was curious about that :)

5. IflyinWY

It's a time warp or worm hole type thing. You should slowly put your hand through the screen and feel if the props are spinning. :lol:

6. lake_flyer

If your version of Phantom Assistant still has the checkbox for Heissenberger Flux Capacitor and you forgot to turn that off, you might have a time warp problem and in fact are communicating with us from an alternate reality right now. Be sure to install the latest assistant software.