Props in View....how to avoid?

Reaction score
I hope this has not been covered before, but.... In quite a few of the videos from Phantoms...and I think these are all, or mostly, Phantom 1's, oftentimes the props are visible in the upper corners of the frame. In contrast, my Phantom 2 Vision never shows the props...even though they are about an inch longer. Is this due to the fact that my camera can NOT be raised to the "Level" position? It always has a slight downward angle...maybe 4 or 5 degrees, so the props are out of the frame.

SO, my actual question is...when the props are seen in the frame, is this due to a greater range of motion in other models? Maybe the gimbal mounts contribute to this? And, I see that the new P2V+ advertises a full 90 degree range from straight down to level. I don't know if anyone has received and / or flown the latest version, but I wonder if the props are visible when the camera is level...or...if the camera mount or camera field of view has been changed a bit to eliminate this distracting image. Also...is there a way to set a limit in the software to avoid getting this view? I would not want to have to watch the FPV screen all the time to make sure that I had not tilted the camera up too high and gotten those curved blades in the photo. IMHO that really spoils the professionalism of the shot.

Opinions? Speculation? Conjecture? Experiences anyone??

Thanks...

As far as I know you should be able to change the limit on the gimbal settings to keep a slight downward tilt like the original.

If you fly with a gimbal simply flying backwards will eliminate the props from your footage. The phantom one mount will allow you enough range of movement to get the props in view. This can be removed in your video edit

Thanks guys.... And since I don't have a gimbal, I try when possible to fly and film going either straight forward or straight back, yawing is my second choice...these tend to keep the shot much more level and 'controlled'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.