Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

props for phantom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrisflyer, Jan 19, 2014.

1. chrisflyer

i brought some of these last week .4 x HQProp propellers: 2 x 8050 and 2 x 8050R...
    the problem i have for my dji phantom is that since i have fitted them i find that i am at full throttle all the time just to keep it in the air. they are fitted the correct way around and since i have gone back to the original flex ones that came with it all is ok .i could not even hover with them .anyone else had the same problem ?

2. rilot

Those props are a bad profile for the Phantom. Similar to the Graupner 8x5s which also have the same issue. Not enough swept area.
    Buy some Vision props. They are great.

3. EMCSQUAR

4. chrisflyer

i just wanted some props that have not got the dji movement in the as everyone seems to say they are bad and need to be stiffer

5. ElGuano

I personally haven't tried the genuine DJI 9443s, but the near-universal consensus seems to be that they are fantastic for flight time, balance and stability....plastic or not, self-tightening or not. If I had self-tightening motor mounts, I'd probably be flying them now.

6. chrisflyer

most sites claim that the dji blades flex under load so go stiff

7. ElGuano

I've almost always run carbon fiber blades, which are very stiff. If that's what you want, there are knockoff 9443 in cf (what I currently have installed). I don't really care that they're super-stiff actually--it makes the quad quite a bit louder than the plastic props, and in reality I don't notice any performance difference between the two or any vibrations/jello in video. But the CF props are a bit lighter than plastic, which suits my purposes nicely :)

8. chrisflyer

thanks for the info .where did you buy them from and have you a part name /number

9. ElGuano

There are a number of eBay sellers in HK/US who offer them. You can just do a search for phantom vision props or 9443. You'll see plastic and cf options, and self-tightening or unthreaded. I've purchased cf ones from 4 different sellers and they all appear to be from the same factory.