Props crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - is there a way to check the hub, if this has happened? I'm all about changing the props, but if I'm looking for something, what would I be looking for, and where?
I had a prop go on me last week. I'm no expert, but it started going on a little harder than usual, like I couldn't just give it a flick with my finger to get it down to where I could snug it up. I figured the plastic threads were screwed. No crashes, it was just shot. So I pulled out my last spare for that side, and it spun right on like normal. I figured I had maybe saved a drop from mid air story.

Just a thought.... YOU came here and ASKED others for their opinion. You immediately challenged those who advised you to replace the props & made clear you didn't think it was all that bad & intend to fly them again. Since it is apparent you already intend to fly them again why invite others to opine?

To me it doesn't look all that bad & MAYBE you can get away hitting them with a bit of sandpaper, smooth the burrs, & fly on. OTOH you might fly once or twice, the hub splits or a blade flies off, & your Phantom is in for an expensive repair.

You save $6 for a set of props if you are right.

You lose $500 if you are wrong.

Do the math...

Ohh and i thought phantompilots forum is full of people willing to give you help. Now i understand.. Just because i'm flying phantoms less than a month doesn't mean i'm an idiot. In fact i've flown a lot of other drones much more expensive than this. And when i crash and need help for my gimbal, please don't help me. Thanks

Last edited:
Why bother asking others to opine when you already decided you're going to use them regardless of the damage?

So i change them with the spares i got and let them sit inside the bag in case i need them sometime? The reason i insist in not changing is, in my second flight i scratched with the same way, the other 2 props, but let's say 60% of the damage these props i showed today. And nothing changed after 25 flights. Anyway

Reactions: nattieman
The antenna mod won't be of much use if your Phantom crashes because you're too cheap to spend $6 on a set of props. Maybe you should consider a job? Then you could afford a $6 set of props & wouldn't have to ask your grandparents for pocket money. You might even get to take a pretty girl on a date.

I took your advise. And really thank you for spending your time here answering my question. Just no more overthinking. If it breaks somenting (and i mean in general) it breaks. I'm not gonna sit here thinking about drones and props all day. I would propably change them but let me tell you my life a little bit so you understand what i'm saying. Well, i'm 17, student. No job apparently. Never ask my parents for money, because my grandfather and my aunt always gives me my pocketmoney. It's hard times for them now and as i said i never ask parents for money. Now i have 20€ in my wallet and i'm trying to save up for an antenna mod (argtek one) for 70€. And also i have a life to live as well. I guess not everyone have everything they want ready effortless. Also i bought the drone by saving for months to get 600€ (Cyprus phantom 3 standard price) So i'm taking the risk, if it falls from up there.. well bad luck ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why do you have to wait a week? There are a good number of stores you can go pickup real DJI props today for 6 bucks. There are like 5 targets in San Jose that have them, maybe Best Buy too but I haven't checked. I would look around hopefully you can find more today.

This is an MR forum and a technical subject.

The personal judging and unsolicited criticism and 'advice' that is being displayed here is not needed.

What makes any of you qualified to make such personal comments to the poster???

You display a complete lack of global perspective and respect for different languages, cultures, and socio-economic conditions.

So much for "any of us" judging.

And whats an MR forum? I don't know all these abbreviations.

Multi Rotor

Have you read the entirety of this thread or is this intended as humor?

This is an MR forum and a technical subject.

The personal judging and unsolicited criticism and 'advice' that is being displayed here is not needed.

What makes any of you qualified to make such personal comments to the poster???

You display a complete lack of global perspective and respect for different languages, cultures, and socio-economic conditions.

Your English is better than some "Native English Speaking" people on here and else where. I bet your English is better than my Greek..!! Phantom motors turn at a pretty low RPM, I am an old R/C Airplane Pilot and we have motors swinging 18" to 28" props at 8500 RPM, those have a lot more inertia and stored energy and can kill someone if they separate from a fracture.
IMHO, your props didn't look that bad....but they are cheap and easy to replace...

Even though the damage might look insignificant you possibly don't know the damage done to the threads

Consider a job? In 3 months time i'm taking pancyprian exams to go to a universitiy that's why. The main reason i created the threat is to ask how frequently you have tou chamge props. Apparently no one noticed this. I mentiond i NEVER ask anyone for money, they give me money, because here in Cyprus we love our family, i don't know what you do there you live. And just to let you know, my gf is probably prettier than your daugter. Also friend Shimien, In cyprus the only store is located in limassol, 2 hours driving from my home. Sorry for creating this threat and i'm propably never gonna make another one. Goodmorning to everyone!

Reactions: GMayberry
Oh sorry, I didn't realize you weren't in the states, my bad I think I missed that. Just focus on the thing we all love, flying our phantoms.

Is there a "most inane" conversation category in this forum? This one belongs at the top.

So I just just home from work and see this thread been proceeding quite nicely.

So in summary.

- props not looking too good.
- advised to replace props.
- insists on flying with damaged props.
- economics of prop replacement explained in depth.
- personal economics divulged.
- advised to check craft for additional damage.
- economics of prop replacement spelt out again.
- cultural conflict.
- I learnt what MR stood for.
- insists on flying with damaged props.

So with all this chatter, did anyone check if the earth is flat and why NASA has been lying to us?

Ok, I'm going to get back to DBS mods.... Unobtrusive tablet mounts...

77c49f4104cb441c3fc0a25394130602.jpg

Ohh and i thought phantompilots forum is full of people willing to give you help. Now i understand.. Just because i'm flying phantoms less than a month doesn't mean i'm an idiot. In fact i've flown a lot of other drones much more expensive than this. And when i crash and need help for my gimbal, please don't help me. Thanks
Wow, They are giving you the answer to your question. Just because it is not what you want to hear, don't be upset with them. Why did you ask if you want to disregard their response?

Reactions: nattieman
So does this mean, even the slightest touch of the prop on something (even if no visible damage) it should be replaced? I was attempting to fly indoors, took off about 2' above the floor, and bumped it off the couch.. no damage that I can see. But id rather be safe than sorry.

So does this mean, even the slightest touch of the prop on something (even if no visible damage) it should be replaced? I was attempting to fly indoors, took off about 2' above the floor, and bumped it off the couch.. no damage that I can see. But id rather be safe than sorry.
Not looking to get into another debate on life in Greece and personal wealth and all that kind of crap, I'll just say it's an incident by incident thing. If you think any damage was done, or if you think no damage was done, it's really up to the guy on the scene, you. I don't think anyone on here can tell you without seeing for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic