Props crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top over, crash, its all really the same. If you tipped over and ground some off your props, you changed the balance of them. Out of balance props wear on your motors. Your motor bearings get worn, a motor goes. It's a no brainer.

So i change them with the spares i got and let them sit inside the bag in case i need them sometime? The reason i insist in not changing is, in my second flight i scratched with the same way, the other 2 props, but let's say 60% of the damage these props i showed today. And nothing changed after 25 flights. Anyway

Sorry buddy - doubtful you're going to get what you are looking for here and that is for someone to tell you "sure you are safe go ahead".

Changing the props is a proactive move on your part - just because you got away with something once - doesn't mean you will again - right?

Anyway - it's your bird & your dough - just be sure if you do fly "as is" - it's in an area away from anything or anyone - just in case you are not as lucky this time.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to "keep a damaged prop" as a spare now does it?

You're doing the right thing IMO as to changing them - now go re-cycle that plastic damaged one and continue with safe flying.

I know i may sound idiot to you and i hope i prove myself correct.
I decided to fly the bird with those props and if i don't crash i am gonna make a lot of flights. Then i come back here and tell you the results. Balancing and motor bearing get warm and all that stuff sounds cool and correct. But my logic tells me, some minor scratches on props will cause no problems. Anyway thanks everyone in here tried to make me change my mind. And yes maybe i'm idiot trying this.

I know i may sound idiot to you and i hope i prove myself correct.
I decided to fly the bird with those props and if i don't crash i am gonna make a lot of flights. Then i come back here and tell you the results. Balancing and motor bearing get warm and all that stuff sounds cool and correct. But my logic tells me, some minor scratches on props will cause no problems. Anyway thanks everyone in here tried to make me change my mind. And yes maybe i'm idiot trying this.

It's not the "minor scratches" on your props that you speak of - it's the possible secondary problems from the 'forced sudden" stop of them (as in a hairline fracture of the prop hub) that may not show as a problem right away but could later on - there is a lot of force at the hubs when rotating.

Like I said - your call - so wishing you well and safe flying (nope you don't sound like an idiot at all).

That you are saying i must say i agree. But the possibility of the prop to go off and phantom crash i think doesn't increased because of this. Anyway you may know better than me.

However if i notice any probs i'm changing them for sure.

I notice a problem right away. They are damaged. You came looking for advice, and you got the best advice possible. (btw, I'm only a few months in so don't think that I am "more experienced and talking down to you)

These are the simple issues that can cause much bigger issues, and possibly turn you off of the hobby early. Take the advice given and spend the $10 on props.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
I took your advise. And really thank you for spending your time here answering my question. Just no more overthinking. If it breaks somenting (and i mean in general) it breaks. I'm not gonna sit here thinking about drones and props all day. I would propably change them but let me tell you my life a little bit so you understand what i'm saying. Well, i'm 17, student. No job apparently. Never ask my parents for money, because my grandfather and my aunt always gives me my pocketmoney. It's hard times for them now and as i said i never ask parents for money. Now i have 20€ in my wallet and i'm trying to save up for an antenna mod (argtek one) for 70€. And also i have a life to live as well. I guess not everyone have everything they want ready effortless. Also i bought the drone by saving for months to get 600€ (Cyprus phantom 3 standard price) So i'm taking the risk, if it falls from up there.. well bad luck ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GMayberry
I see this all the time with family and friends. People ask for help and opinions of those with more experience and then argue. Take the advise and do what you want. Personally with the input I have read here I would put that prop in the spare pile for possible future emergency use only ( i.e. You have an incident in the field and ran out of good props). It's not worth an expensive drone for a few bucks saved.just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I hope it crashes........
Was that an inappropriate thing to say.[emoji57]

Reactions: FallingArdor
I hope it crashes........
Was that an inappropriate thing to say.[emoji57]

Thank you dude wish you all the best!!

there is 2 pages of posts with everyone basically saying the same thing, dont use it, and i would say throw it out.

Use the spare props that came with the phantom, thats why it came with extra. the trade off is $6 for props, or $500 for the phantom.

Reactions: nattieman
Did you guys read what i have available in my wallet? Thanks for advise. End of topic here.

Reactions: GMayberry
giphy.gif

Let's now talk about the flat earth conspiracy......

Question - is there a way to check the hub, if this has happened? I'm all about changing the props, but if I'm looking for something, what would I be looking for, and where?

He's young and well...... You know..lol

But Nino, I have to question being cheap or frugal when you have so much invested in a drone and use the excuse that you only have $20 in your wallet. As you get older and wiser, you will find out that trying to cut corners on a hobby or what ever you get into will most likely work against you in the long run. It's like buying a car but then not having enough money for oil changes. Short term you are ok but in the long run it will bite you in the butt. Please learn to work with in your budget and make intelligent decisions on what's right and not what you can afford in that moment.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks, and i know how to work within my budget, i'm am doing it since i was very young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20