Props "breaking"? -Disturbuing Periscope Stream of P3A Crash

Reaction score
So I was watching this guy who often livestreams his P3A flights on Periscope named Dennis Wagner (if you're in here, maybe you could elaborate what happened), but during one of his flights yesterday evening, he suddenly lost control and crashed his drone in a major intersection somewhere in Lexington, KY. It was then runover by cars and ended up in tiny pieces. During the uncontrollable fall, he said he "broke a prop". He says he has around 200 flights on the props. Is it normal for a prop to just "break" after so many hours? I know props have come off in flight because they somehow unscrew themselves from the threads, but breaking?? Anyone else experience this?

Is it normal for a prop to just "break" after so many hours?
No. Assuming he didn't hit anything during that flight, the prop was most likely damaged prior to takeoff.

In the absence of evidence it broke in flight, the impact with the road, or the later being run over by cars, seem the most likely contributor to the broken prop.

Have a play with an unused or retired prop. You will find they don't break easily by just flexing (as would be typical flight loading).

I don't agree with the unscrew themselves statement either. That is likely an engine/ESC failure that is the root cause of props spinning off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.