props and motors

Reaction score
I read about props that break in flight, that makes me get nervous.

Are there signs on the props that will shows when you need to change out to new props ?

If I put on a brand new set of props, will they just break mid flight? Or do they need to be worn and stressed over time first ?

These things make me worry.

How about motors? What do I look out for to know when I need a new motor or when it needs maintenance ?

yappy said:
I read about props that break in flight, that makes me get nervous.

Are there signs on the props that will shows when you need to change out to new props ?

If I put on a brand new set of props, will they just break mid flight? Or do they need to be worn and stressed over time first ?

These things make me worry.

How about motors? What do I look out for to know when I need a new motor or when it needs maintenance ?
Don't worry about props broke in mid flight, except if you had crashed as stronger as to break them. (stock props). Be careful instead by nuts and prop loosening. Always check tight adjust pre-flight.

Motors will change their "sound" picth when require maintenance or replacement. Do a manual speed pre-flight for "feel" how each one turn or if find a "track-track" or sticky turns.

Yes, always a good idea to check props after a crash (or in the event of a tip-over and the props hit pavement or something)

Otherwise it's nothing to be too concerned about, while they have occurred, it's very rare and usually caused by operator error (over tightening), or crashes..

Ok, so as long as no crashes props should be good then ?

Are gemfan CF props good ? I got a set from rc-drones.com but have not tried them yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.