Propper use of range extender battery

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wandering how to take care of my range extender battery.What is the optimal storage charge? is it 40-50% like Phantom 2 Vision Plus Lipo Batteries?

Also, is it recommended not to go below or above a certain percentage of charge like with Lipos?

Many thanks! :cool:

i would like to know this also , as I use a battery brick to continuous feed power to my extender to keep it at 100% . Just assumed it would help with best FPV signal

beachvision said:
i would like to know this also , as I use a battery brick to continuous feed power to my extender to keep it at 100% . Just assumed it would help with best FPV signal

Not sure why you'd do this. The range extender's power transmission is the same through the charge. Just like a cell phone. A cell phone's signal doesnt weaken just because it's at 15% left of the batterie's charge.

I usually charge my Range Extender after every 5th flight or so. At that point it's at about 50 or 60% charge. And about every 20th flight or so, I leave the RE powered on until it runs out. Next charge takes about 3 hours after that.

Mine has been reporting it's battery level strangely.
I was at 10% then jumped up to 70%, then was to 20% and last night it was at 60%. I haven't charged it in about a week. About 5 flights on it so far.
I'm trying to run it down until it won't turn on before I try to charge it again. I'm hoping that won't damage it. Since it's a lipo cell, I assume there's a charging circuit in there with a low voltage cutoff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20