Proposed solutions to prevent flyaways

Reaction score
Colin's video and other posts suggest to me that the controller's signal is being interfered with, at least in most cases. I don't know much about RC but is there no ID in the controller's transmission, like a "header" that the P2V's receiver would expect to see before paying further attention?

Anyway, in the meantime, would an "abort" or "RTH" button in the App provide a bailout function independent of RC control (or at least some comfort to owners and potential buyers)? In all flyaway cases the human operator has become aware that "something's wrong!" so he or she needs the ability to send a RTH command to the P2V independent of the RC system, one that also tells the P2V to stop listening to RC.

It all depends if there is the ability baked into the hardware now for a two-way link between the camera unit (which has the wifi transceiver in it) and the IMU/flight controller in the aircraft. We know data comes out (GPS co-ords and barometric readout to allow for distance, speed and height telemetry and powering the "radar" view) but I can't think of any function on the app that's sending data up - everything like that is done from the RC transmitter.

It would be interesting if that option was available to be exploited - as well as the failsafe you mention it would open up the possibility of waypoint flying programmed from your phone/tablet screen without any any additional hardware needed or opening up the aircraft, just a firmware and app update. That would be rather fantastic (e.g. "fly to here, take 5 photos, then fly here, take a 10 second video, then come back here").

Pull_Up said:
It all depends if there is the ability baked into the hardware now for a two-way link between the camera unit (which has the wifi transceiver in it) and the IMU/flight controller in the aircraft. We know data comes out (GPS co-ords and barometric readout to allow for distance, speed and height telemetry and powering the "radar" view) but I can't think of any function on the app that's sending data up - everything like that is done from the RC transmitter.

It would be interesting if that option was available to be exploited - as well as the failsafe you mention it would open up the possibility of waypoint flying programmed from your phone/tablet screen without any any additional hardware needed or opening up the aircraft, just a firmware and app update. That would be rather fantastic (e.g. "fly to here, take 5 photos, then fly here, take a 10 second video, then come back here").

You can actually pan from side to side with the vision from the device gyro so there is a two way link between the flight controller.
This would be ideal if the flyaways were caused by lack of control but unfortunately most aren't.

You are quite correct - I had forgotten about that feature as I haven't used it and can't think why I would!

Nevertheless this does show that there could be the ability to control flight function from the app, e.g. simple waypoints via a Google map on screen, fly to a certain point on the map where you click, etc...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj