Proper procedure for compass cali?

yes, i believe you put the phantom on the ground, then walk around it... a full 360.. but you must do it very deliberately... if you hesitate, it won't work...

j/k ;)

srandall25 said:
yes, i believe you put the phantom on the ground, then walk around it... a full 360.. but you must do it very deliberately... if you hesitate, it won't work...

j/k ;)

Now that's funny!!!

Gatordent said:
BlackTracer said:
srandall25 said:
interesting... it does look counter clockwise.. I vaguely remember hearing that the direction of calibration for the Vision+ is actually different than the Phantom 2... don't quote me on that.. I've been doing it clockwise with no problems though... I always get the green light...
I always turn counterclockwise like the picture shows. Works. I hold the phantom at arms length and rotate my body. Works.

Is the center of rotation your body or do you "walk around" the center of rotation on the phantom?

I do it with the center of rotation being my body.

Sometimes I balance the Phantom on top of a large bouncy ball. Then I put my forehead on top of the Phantom, grab the phantom, then do the rotation around the center of the head-phantom-bouncy ball stack. Kinda like a game you play first using a baseball bat to get you dizzy. JUST KIDDING.

I've been doing it all wrong then... I too used a large bouncy ball but I balance the phantom on top of the ball and then spin it on my middle finger kinda like a basketball. (my birdie flies away everytime!)

I placed mine in a bucket of water. I figured, like a paperclip spins to north so would the phantom. Unlike a paperclip, it broke the water retention and sank..... Bush mechanics.

happydays said:
BlackTracer said:
You might want to try duct taping it to the ball. That way you can do the nose down part too by rotating the ball 90 degrees then rolling it down the street.

Wouldn't that affect the balance of the gimbal?
What gimbal? I snapped mine off with my hands beforehand so as not to damage it while calibrating the compass. We don't need no stinking gimbals.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20