Proper DJI RC Antenna Use

Reaction score
Pleased to share/watch another informative video produced by our dear friends @dji.

DJI Phantom 3 RC antenna best practices:

Pay attention class, this is important.

RedHotPoker

Very good video for new folks. This seems to cover a number of questions seen on PP and the DJI forum.

Slightly related, that narrator sounded like he literally phoned it in.

Excellent summary of best practices, that often are learned the hard way! :eek:

Funny enough as it is, all of this info is clearly defined.
& Clearly in PDF ~ TFM. ;-)

But getting some guys to read, is like me deciphering their spelling and grammatical buffoonery. A Difficult task. You can often tell who reads the Least, by the 'prose' they keep. for sure. Hahaha

So, the show and tell portions, of our flight school, are ace. Hehe

RedHotPoker

When it comes to antenna orientation, a picture or many pictures are worth a thousand words. I learned that even with the antennas parallel to the ground that direct overhead flight is problematic, as I have experienced when shooting spherical panoramas directly above my location, at say a friend's house. Also, during high speed flight, the aircraft antennas are no longer perpendicular to the ground, as when hovering at rest, but are actually angled with a forward tilt that needs to be matched with the RC antennas, such as the default antenna position at 45° tipped up from horizontal, instead of vertical and perpendicular to the ground. All good stuff! Thank you for sharing it!:cool:

Happy that some, got a little helpful info.

RedHotPoker

good help to me that short vid thanks.. I have been twisting mine open and outwards.

Perhaps saved the day. . . ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: lotusteve
Surprised me, that you guys are still watching this thread and video?

How far back in time, on the internet do some of you
Astrotravel? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20