Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Proper battery usage

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by DeniseBrun, May 30, 2015.

1. DeniseBrun

What is the proper way to charge and store the batteries. I thought I heard you should never store a fully charged battery, that it shorten its life????

2. Phantom Newbie

I been reading stuff all night as im new and need to learn. I've read with the battery's they should be stored at 50%.

3. RoyVa

First off alway fly with a fully charged battery. If your not going to use the batteries for anwhilemthen discharge them to 50% for storage. After using the battery at each 20 cycles, discharge the battery to 8 % or until the battery can no longer be turned on. Then charge to 100%. This help to extend the life of the battery. The user manual has a lot of good info on the battery. Hope this helps

DeniseBrun likes this.
  4. IflyinWY

We have different batteries than the P2.
    I do not believe the 20 cycle discharge applies to us. We also do not have an On/Off switch.

But I do agree, fly at 100%, store at 50%. In other words, if you usually fly for 10 minutes, fly for 5 when you know it's going into storage.

New batteries should only be flown to the same 50% mark. It will extend the life of the battery if you do this for the first 10 uses. There is an enormous amount of info out there. I just gave you the basics

Welcome to the forum Phantom Newbie. :D

This is a great way to find things, limiting your search to our forum.
    Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.

https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

DeniseBrun likes this.
  5. Sebastian

Can i charge the battery immediately after using the phantom ?, it's too hot, so should let it cool?

6. snerd

The charger won't let it start charging until it has cooled. You can plug it in, but it will not start charging until it has cooled down.