Propellers off and on

Reaction score
I remove and reinstall my props after and before each flight of my P3A.

Is there a limit to this in that will they loosen over time?
I hand tighten them firmly before each takeoff and no problem so far.

Because they have plastic hubs that do wear out it's probably a good idea to replace them after a certain number of flights. I think DJI recommends 50. Given that a set of props costs about $12 at Target, I replace mine a little more often than that.

Because they have plastic hubs that do wear out it's probably a good idea to replace them after a certain number of flights. I think DJI recommends 50. Given that a set of props costs about $12 at Target, I replace mine a little more often than that.

Dang...good idea...I must have missed that DJI recommendation. And I thought I read the manual thoroughly.

Interesting. Where did you read that DJI info?

Dang...good idea...I must have missed that DJI recommendation. And I thought I read the manual thoroughly.
I can't remember now where I read it. It might have been an official response from DJI on their forums. But given how cheap props are It makes sense to replace them before the plastic hubs get chewed up.

Edited to add: I found this response from an administrator at DJI's forum, from January: "Hello, we recommend that they are changed after around 200 flights. And if the propellers were scratched or damaged, please replace it." (When to replace propellers?)

Again, given how cheap they are I'm inclined to replace them more often than that.

Reactions: Numone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen