Propellers for Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to buy new propellers for my phantom 4 and instead of buying the original plastic one, I am thinking to buy these
DJI Phantom 4 Carbon Fiber Propellers

What is your opinion?
Will it worth the cost in term of better performance?
Do you suggest any alternative?

Thanks

Alex

stick with oem you aren't going to see a difference

Thanks plphlot.

apex1 I know that the CF propellers are not made by DJI. I am just searching and wondering if other propellers will give something "extra" to the bird.

ALBA said:
Thanks plphlot.

apex1 I know that the CF propellers are not made by DJI. I am just searching and wondering if other propellers will give something "extra" to the bird.
DJI wants to have maximum performance out of their machines. It helps sales. Why wouldn't they have these props on to start with? I don't see DJI pushing to sell optional props to enhance performance. They want to sell new Phantoms. It's the after market companies that make a
lot of claims to get you to buy their stuff. From what I hear, most are disappointed or have problems and crash.

Reactions: Alex Baxter
Thanks plphlot.

just looks other than that not really

just looks other than that not really
If all we did with our Phantoms were to have them on a static display. ....maybe some other props would look nice. I fly mine and all props spinning fast purdy much look the same.....especially at 300 feet in the air. I think if pilots spent more time on flying skills than how to change an aircraft that many engineers have designed. ....we would see a lot less problems in the forums.

Reactions: flpholt
Monte55 it makes sense what you are saying,
but maybe DJI don't include CF propellers in the box in order to keep the cost thus the price lower.

On the other hand, till now, to other threads also,
I have only read negative or neutral opinions and no positive answers.

carbon fiber props are more stiff and can break more easily that is why dji doesn't put them in the box

carbon fiber props are more stiff and can break more easily that is why dji doesn't put them in the box

Because of this (CF more stiff), do you think that they might make less noise?

A friend of mine told me that phantom 3 is less noisy than phantom 4. What do you think,

Monte55 it makes sensexpense t you are saying,
but maybe DJI don't include CF propellers in the box in order to keep the cost thus the price lower.

On the other hand, till now, to other threads also,
I have only read negative or neutral opinions and no positive answers.
I really doubt that DJI as big as they are would have much more expense supplying CF props with their birds. They probably only started selling some because so many were duped into thinking they need this. Props need to be flexible and not shatter hitting a leaf. I have no plan to change to CF, 3 blade, 4 blade, glow in the dark with your state motto on it. Mine work and I have no problems on my three Phantoms . I also have a pocket knife I carry in my pocket every day....for over 20 years. It does its job. Why change it?

Reactions: flpholt
yes not as much noise but not where you go wow its quiet .remember they are loud no matter what swarming bees

I really doubt that DJI as big as they are would have much more expense supplying CF props with their birds. They probably only started selling some because so many were duped into thinking they need this. Props need to be flexible and not shatter hitting a leaf. I have no plan to change to CF, 3 blade, 4 blade, glow in the dark with your state motto on it. Mine work and I have no problems on my three Phantoms . I also have a pocket knife I carry in my pocket every day....for over 20 years. It does its job. Why change it?
glow in the dark did hear of someone that painted there's with stuff to due that . but for me oem props

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20