Propellers are hitting the center of drone!

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I took my phantom out today and was getting some good footage in the park. Unfortunately I hit a tree and my drone came down to the ground fairly hard. It said "motors damaged" on my screen. I turned the drone off and looked at the drone to make sure there were no cracks, bent pieces ect. I noticed that the frame actually popped out of line and now one of my propellers hits the center of the drone when spinning. I'm not sure if it's bc the frame itself is bent or what. Phantom flies fine still, I just don't want future errors to occur bc of this fall. Any help would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You should replace your shell and props.

You should replace the top and bottom if both sections are damaged. If only the top is damaged, then you might be able to get away with just replacing the top.

You should replace the top and bottom if both sections are damaged. If only the top is damaged, then you might be able to get away with just replacing the top.
They aren't necessarily damaged, it just looks like I need to unscrewed the top and put it back on the correct way. But I don't want to take it apart and completely mess it up even more. Where can I find someone to do this for me?

0b24b96a7d16b6270ef9fbf3a1bfa1a9.jpg

Well, maybe give that a shot before you buy a new shell. You'll have to open it either way anyhow.

502bebee8b94fe0fad92bce65c956bbd.jpg

This is my main problem. The motor seems to be bent to the left. Is this bc of the shell being bent? Or can I fix this by just bending opposite direction..?

The motors are tilted by design. That is not the issue.

That motor looks good. As long as it does not wiggle, it's most likely installed properly. The problem is most likely that the shell is either bent or not completely closed.

You can fix the shell with a heat gun bending it back happen to me once

Got to open it up work the top on a flat surface

Thanks for all you guys response! It helped out a bunch, and also saves me the hassle of having to ship it to DJI if all they would do it fix the shell for me. It still flys great and I've some what fixed it to where the propellers no longer hit the center of the shell.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20