Propeller maintenance

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ive posted this in the general section as I suppose it applies to all DJI products.

As part of my pre/post flight checks I have started to inspect and clean the props. After watching a few videos of props going in mid flight, I thought it was a worthwhile exercise.

It got me thinking...

Is anybody else this obsessive?

Is there a recommended life of the props?

Does anyone replace them periodically regardless of condition?

:?:

I check my props after every flight. I check the edges and look for any hairline cracks near the hub (give them a bit of a flex by hand). I am also still on my first set of props after 100+ flights.

I inspect my props thoroughly before and after every flight. I also clean off the bug juice after each flight... :shock: :eek:

-slinger

Some good and valid points made here.

Props need love as well :D

I routinely check my props before every flight. On my Phantom I have had cracks appear on the hub and this could spell disaster in flight.
Also, the bug juice and dragon fly wings need cleaning off and I also check my props for balance every so often. I KNOW they were perfectly balanced when I installed them but multiple flight, multiple murders of flying buggy things can all have an effect on the leading edge of your rotors.
If your props appear damaged IN ANY WAY....throw them away. New ones cost a few dollars and is it worth risking your $1k plus investment for the sake of a damaged prop?

Like pretty much any part of your machine, your props should be checked regularly - after all, they are the only thing between thin air and your multirotor!!!

Would it be safe to put the (detached) propellers through the dishwasher to remove the bug juice?

zsalya said:
Would it be safe to put the (detached) propellers through the dishwasher to remove the bug juice?

NO!!! Think organic polymers (plastic). Organic compounds breakdown with heat, even hot water.

zsalya said:

Definitely not - hot water could warp the props. Just give them a wipe from time to time with a damp paper towel - that's all it takes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20