Propeller Jammed

Reaction score
Having way too much fun with the P2 and flew into a tree (fortunately at low level). One Propeller was ripped up and I am having difficulty removing it.

Any suggestions on how to get it off the copter w/o doing any damage?

Thanks.

skavan said:
Having way too much fun with the P2 and flew into a tree (fortunately at low level). One Propeller was ripped up and I am having difficulty removing it.

Thanks.
Do you have the Engine Holder? If not-order one. It's a small metal wrench with a narrow opening in it that attaches to one of the cooling fins on the engine, allowing you to keep the engine from turning while removing props. It may have come with your aircraft.....
Also, what color is the nut you're trying to turn? Remember, black nuts turn one-way, and the silver, the other-they're "self-tightening", so that should give you a clue as to which way to turn to loosen.

havasuphoto said:
skavan said:

Thanks.
Do you have the Engine Holder? If not-order one. It's a small metal wrench with a narrow opening in it that attaches to one of the cooling fins on the engine, allowing you to keep the engine from turning while removing props. It may have come with your aircraft.....
Also, what color is the nut you're trying to turn? Remember, black nuts turn one-way, and the silver, the other-they're "self-tightening", so that should give you a clue as to which way to turn to loosen.

ahhh -- thx. I managed to do it with a wrench (carefully) - but found what I think you were referring to, post facto.
Next time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20