Propeller hit something as I was landing and motor got VERY hot and screeched

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm still getting used to my P3 Pro and was flying it inside and when I landed it... It didn't come down exactly as I would have liked haha!

The propeller hit something and I did the command to shut off all motors but this one kept spinning while making a loud screeching noise! Then I frantically tried to turn the battery off but this was no good so I ejected it.

The motor got stupidly hot so I waited for it to cool down and it smelt so bad! Once the motor cooled down I turned it back on and everything seems ok and I get the 'Safe to fly' in the DJI Go app.

Should I be worried and maybe replace the motor or should it be ok?

They make a horrible noise when obstructed. I'd fly it and see how it does. Chances are you're fine

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

id be very worried that if that motor functions now, that its on borrowed time.

With the burning smell evident it is almost certain the motor is damaged. Maybe not damaged enough to not function, however performance will be less than optimium and long term reliability questionable.

The mosfets in the esc are likely questionable also.

If your learnimg to fly inside is probably a very bad idea.

With the burning smell evident it is almost certain the motor is damaged. Maybe not damaged enough to not function, however performance will be less than optimium and long term reliability questionable.

The mosfets in the esc are likely questionable also.

If your learnimg to fly inside is probably a very bad idea.

Thanks! Do you have any idea exactly which part I need, I'm in New Zealand at the minute and the suppliers seem to have a few. It was the black propeller that burnt up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues