Propeller guards mounted? Obstacle avoidance turned off? I don't think so.

Reaction score
Since I put the latest firmware on this P4, I've gotten the message about 'propeller guards mounted, obstacle avoidance turned off' 3 times.

I don't have them; is anyone else seeing this on a routine basis?

I don't even see P4 guards offered anywhere, do the guards fit from a P3 on a P4 even?
My answer is no I haven't seen this warning, I've read the updates about them, but have not seen a single guard that is for the P4

Reactions: PaulJohn
Just make sure nothing is nearby when you power up your bird. I got that message the first time I flew my P4 and I think it was detecting my case nearby. I rebooted the bird after moving it and was well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: snowghost
Just make sure nothing is nearby when you power up your bird. I got that message the first time I flew my P4 and I think it was detecting my case nearby. I rebooted the bird after moving it and was well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

clear areas all 3 times. I can understand how that might do it though.

I thought this was one of the firmware fixes or maybe I read you need to turn off OA with guards. Not sure which but it was known.

had it once before this weeks firmware, i just rebooted the phantom as it was seein one of the prop shadows. also turned the front prop - not had it since

I saw it several times a couple of weeks back. P4 was sitting in grass and I think it was affecting sensor. Took off and flew fine. Haven't seen warning since but I am more careful when locating launch sites now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've had this warning before but thankfully restarting the aircraft stopped it and I was good to go.

Dji just released a bunch of sfuff for the P4, prop guards for 19.00 and what i beleive is a good item to have in your case spare prop installation kits 3.00 a pair.

I received it today while doing pre-flight on my deck. I turned the aircraft away from the deck railing and it went away.

Happened to me the other day, I was like "oh no" it stayed after I cycled the bird, that worried me, but not after cycling the software, it also said at the same time "firmware version something something" in red

Be sure to check the sensors for some type of debris. I actually had a insect get stuck on one of the front sensors and it was causing that error. Just thought I would mention that.

Reactions: snowghost
Be sure to check the sensors for some type of debris. I actually had a insect get stuck on one of the front sensors and it was causing that error. Just thought I would mention that.
I had an ordeal after finding a insect, or parts, it took a heck of a lot of trying to wipe it up and out? Hard to explain but the mass of it had lodged in a crevice, and I had taken so much care to get it all the first time. The next time I went out, it wouldn't come down or move between some 90' trees in my yard. It just hovered, I needed to make some corrections to get her in the middle and it just flat out locked in place, with the sensors going nuts, finally raised it up and got her down, when checked again there was the insect parts. It was giving me false positives right before the incident too, after finally getting all the guts out and recalibration get the sensors she's all good again.

Reactions: Drone Master

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik