Propeller blades

Reaction score
Has anyone used these before would like some other P3P owners to tell me if they use these are not
451e6853ae7c1591b0c6169b720482e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Personally I would not recommend those. Tri/quad blades are less efficient than the stock twin-bladed props. You will likely experience significantly reduced flight times and who knows what in terms of reliability & performance.

Has anyone used these before would like some other P3P owners to tell me if they use these are not
451e6853ae7c1591b0c6169b720482e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do a search for them, they have been theorized, reviewed, and tested...the results will surprise you!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

They're rubbish and thinking that you can just grab any old aftermarket tat that looks cool and do a better job than DJI's propulsion engineers is pretty silly.
The motors, ESCs and props are a finely matched combination.

Reactions: Suntana and 185EZ
Generally speaking, more blades equals higher thrust but more drag and less efficiency. Substituting a three bladed prop on the existing motors could overheat them. If you choose a motor designed to match a three bladed prop, they may work OK.
I have considered using three bladed props on an F550 frame where I have motors which can handle a larger prop but am limited by the distance between motors.
There are some quads which have made efficient use of small three bladed props such as the Parrot Bebop 2 with 25 minute flight time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl