Propeller advice

Reaction score
Hey all

I am on a mountain ski resort with my p3a. Since i dont ski, i fly.
So i am here for a day and ill be flying couple of times today not far away from a hotel actually on its parking lot.
So i thought and i want you to tell me if im right.
I already did 2 flights. All went fine. Since hotel is pretty close, wouldnt it be better for me to not take off props and carry it back to hotel room and back?
So i wont have to put props everytime on, plus this will decrease chances of a poorly attached propeller accident?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Removing and installing props is no issue, gives you an opportunity to know all is good. Benefit is your AC will be inside your bag and not drawing unwanted attention when you are carting it around.

Removing and installing props is no issue, gives you an opportunity to know all is good. Benefit is your AC will be inside your bag and not drawing unwanted attention when you are carting it around.
But it does increase the chance of putting it on wrong. If it flew once and fine wont it be better to leave it on?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't know how many threads there are in this forum about prop installation (you had at least two yourself prior to this one), spin off etc but it is a LOT. If they are in good condition and installed properly you have nothing to worry about.

But it does increase the chance of putting it on wrong. If it flew once and fine wont it be better to leave it on?
Suggestion: If you look at the top of the shell of your P2, near the motors is a small raised "guide" to the direction the props turn. If you highlight them with a magic marker so you can see them better, you can look at them as you put the props on so you know which direction to turn them. Also, if you look straight down on the motors, you'll see that they are color coded at the top of the spindle - silver gets silver prop, black gets black prop. The chance of putting them on wrong is almost nil if you follow the simple guides DJI has provided. When I started with my P3 a couple years ago, I had a prop I thought was properly tightened. It didn't "seem" to screw-down right at first but I pressed down fairly hard on it, until it felt *snug* but not really tight. I thought it was ok. It wasn't. I started the P3, seemed fine. Started to lift-off, prop flew off. That was before I found out about the guides on the P3.

I have a Microraptor case that lets me keep the props on the P3. I leave them on but check them before any flight. As to "attracting attention" that doesn't bother me at all. If fact, I have never had any negative attention or comments - other than my neighbor when I first got it telling me he was going to tell his wife to leave the curtains open in the bedroom when she changed so I could finally get some pictures of her undressed for him, commenting it's been so long he forgets what a hottie she is..:p

Reactions: t2adze

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj