Prop Wrench

lol, i never used mine. I honestly spent about 15 seconds trying to figure out how to use it then said the hell with it and hand tightened it.

I don't think that I have ever used a prop wrench. Are you tightening your props more than hand tight snug?

If I have been tightening my props with the wrench beyond hand snug, making sure they are on there good, what could be the negative consequences?

If I have been tightening my props with the wrench beyond hand snug, making sure they are on there good, what could be the negative consequences?
You don't need to do that ,, it will eventually stretch the threads enough to strip them out. Put em on and hand tighten them. They will stay.. Some spin them on and don't even snug them up. The torque of the props will tighten them.
Test it out, spin em on until they stop. Start the motors and you will hear two rapid brief acceleration of the motors. Stop them, turn everything off, and try to spin them off.-- They will be snug and you will have to hold the motor hub to break them loose

The P3 props have a nylon (or similar) hub that the motor threads into.
Overtightening can weaken or tear the nylon threads.
The manual suggests hand tightening and the wrench is to use in removing a tight prop.
When you start up and hear your P3 going zoom zoom .. that is it checking that the props are tight.

Reactions: Oso and F6Rider

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl