Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Prop Will Not Lock

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Flipsonic, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Flipsonic

All 3 props on my P3P lock when tightened by hand. One does not lock like the others. It gets tight as I turn it to the lock position but does not stop turning. When I try to turn it to the unlock position, it feels snug. Of course I stopped using it as I don't want to take a chance of it coming off mid flight. Looks that the threads may have been altered. My question is, could this have been the result of over tightening? I don't over tighten them on purpose and do not have any problems loosening them by hand to take them off. But maybe I don't know my own strength. Or maybe it's normal for some DJI props to experience this issue?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Yes. After you spin the props on and they stop spinning, you only need to turn them about 1/8 of a full turn.

3. Flipsonic

Yes that's what I do. I make sure I don't over tighten them. I don't know maybe I ate too much spinach that day and possible I over tightened a bit. But I put equal pressure on all props and don't have problem with the others. I'm thinking it's partly a faulty DJI product. IMO

4. ryantrax

Props are cheap, don't chance it, get a new one on there! If the issues is with the motor shaft a new motor is only $18. Better safe then sorry IMHO.

5. Flipsonic

I didn't chance it as I indicated in my original post. I replaced it right away and do not use the defective one anymore. Definitely no issues with the motor shaft as a replacement prop works just fine. Thanks .