Prop thread specs?

Reaction score
Anyone know the specs on the threads for the props? I mean diameter and pitch (as in 1/4-20 sort of spec)? Yes I know one pair are left hand threads.

specs on the threads for the props

The thread size is 5.8mm (0.228346") and 25 TPI (threads per inch) - fairly course thread.

Is this for a balancing rod fit - if so, like you said remember you will need two rods (left and right).

Hope that helps.

No, I want to 3D print something to hold the props.

Forgot to say thank you for the data. Appreciate it.

Your welcome - by the way, do you own the 3D printer? Been thinking of getting one and looking for recommendations. Thank you.

Yes I do. I bought the LulzBot Taz 5 and I am very happy with it. They have released the Taz 6 now. It has quite a few new features such as self leveling and an integrated power supply.

The Taz is not a cheap printer.
LulzBot TAZ 6 | LulzBot.com
LulzBot TAZ 5 | LulzBot.com

Many folks over on another forum dedicated to holiday lighting have purchased a kit printer:
Sunhokey Reprap prusa i3 diy kit - best 3d printer kit at affordable price

I have been conversing with another member here who recently bought the kit printer. Hopefully he will post his experience with it.

It comes down to your ability to assemble, test and align a kit. I can, but I decided given the features of the TAZ, and that the company fully supports open hardware and open software, I would buy a mostly assembled unit to begin with. The Taz has the large build volume I wanted. It has the fast print speeds I wanted. And it has a company behind it I can trust to speak english and respond to my query's. It hasn't disappointed. And if I had it to do over again, I think I would make the same choice.

Here she is the day I got her:

And here she is last year with the new fan and fan shroud I designed:

And as she sits today with the new E3DV6 hot end:

I honestly can't say if the Taz is right for you because your needs may well differ from mine. All I can say is if you want a printer with large build volume, the Taz is one of the largest. If you want a printer capable of fast printing for rapid prototyping, Taz is one of the fastest. If you want a printer that is reliable, the Taz has a solid reputation for durability and precision. If you want a printer from a company thats here in the US and isn't going anywhere, LulzBot is one of them. If you want a printer that you can freely modify from a company that gives you ALL the meshes, drawings, diagrams and schematics, the Taz is it. These were my bullet points when shopping initially.

If you want a down and dirty cheap printer, Taz isn't it. If you don't need a large volume, don't need speed, and really just want a cheap starter printer, check the Sunhokey. Its a fairly basic design based off the prusa design which has been around for a long time and is time proven.

And there are a lot of choices between those.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
I can trust to speak english
- LOL isn't that the truth.

Wow - now that is a very good review and most certainly worth taking a closer look at.

Thank you very much for taking the time to send me this info - greatly appreciated.

Will be checking out reviews on YouTube etc. tomorrow. The Taz 6 is about the size I would be looking at for certain.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4