Prop Question 9450 vs E300

Yep the pitch .
The greys that come with the E300 kit are lighter and have more zip to them I use them when flying in manual . The 9450's I use when I'm doing something for someone I bump my gains down and get nice smooth flying .
I am flying on the 1.8
I haven't tried any of the colored tips yet .

The reason i'm confused is because I have the 9450 Props , but the label says E300 also. I called DJI and they had no idea.

I wanted to get a pair of the grey props but wasn't sure of the difference.

I put the E300 motors on my Phantom, wonder if I should get a Grey set to try.....

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 779
I purchased the Thrust Boosted 9450 props and my packaging label looks identical to yours.

There is some raised lettering near the root of the prop, on top.
That should confirm which prop you have.

I like the 9450's best. My flights are between 4,500 and 8,000 ft. MSL.

EDIT: I agree, it's the pitch.

The 9443 has less pitch than the 9450.
DJI doesn't standardize their product information, so figuring out what your getting can be difficult.

I think, if your motors are powerful enough, the higher pitch of the 9450 will give you more speed. More pitch = more lift.

I can't address the "smoother ride" question other than to say, balanced props produce less vibration than out of balance props.

I've flown the FC40 with stock 8 inch props (blech), 9443's which were good, and 9450's which I found to be quite impressive.

Again, I fly from higher elevations than most folks. I also have to deal with strong winds, up to 25 mph, on occasion.

I have to ask this: My assumption has benn my Phantom 2, Version 2.0, non-vision UAV came with the 9450 rotors. They are white and not marked. So, how do find out whether I have 9450 rotors or not??

PhantomFanatic said:
So, how do find out whether I have 9450 rotors or not??
The 9450 props are marked with "9450" on the top side of the prop -- on both sides near the center.

msinger said:
PhantomFanatic said:
So, how do find out whether I have 9450 rotors or not??
The 9450 props are marked with "9450" on the top side of the prop -- on both sides near the center.

Thanks. Apparently I don't have them. Where is the best source besides DJI?

You can get them on Amazon here.

Last edited:
IflyinWY said:
I think, if your motors are powerful enough, the higher pitch of the 9450 will give you more speed. More pitch = more lift.
The pitch angle is set by the flight controller and 9450s give no extra pitch or speed.

Meta4 said:
IflyinWY said:
The pitch angle is set by the flight controller and 9450s give no extra pitch or speed.
:?:
Their is like a 0.7 pitch difference in the props .

I must be missing something here.
My props are "FIXED PITCH". How does my controller "SET" the pitch?

I believe a higher pitch prop produces more lift, unless it stalls, than a lower pitch prop.

Lets say you put 2 9443 props and 2 9450 props, side by side, on your "perfectly balanced" Quad, and hovered in a "no wind condition".
The 9450 equipped motors would turn fewer revolutions than the 9443 equipped motors to produce the same amount of lift.

If you spin all 4 motors at the same speed, the 9450 equipped motors will be producing more lift and the Quad will try to flip over.

Meta4, I'm confused why you would say:
"They should be pretty well the same." and
"The pitch angle is set by the flight controller and 9450s give no extra pitch or speed."

Just trying to clarify. ;)
Thanks

You guys are talking about 2 different pitches.

You have your Prop pitch that is set and does not change.

Then you have your craft pitch, that you specify how much max pitch the craft should goto.

I was talking about the pitch of the props between the 9443's & the 9450's not sure how we got on to the pitch of the bird ?

750r said:
I was talking about the pitch of the props between the 9443's & the 9450's not sure how we got on to the pitch of the bird ?

+1

:?

We got to mentioning two different pitches because some people don't realise there are two different pitches.

The speed of the Phantom is determined by the pitch angle of the Phantom - how much the Phantom tilts in flight.
The pitch of a propeller relates to the angle of the blades - it's the distance a propeller would move in one revolution if it were moving through a soft solid, like a screw through wood.
Using props of different pitch doesn't change the pitch angle that the flight controller is set for and so it doesn't give a different speed.

:idea: Got it, thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.