Prop Motors Do Not Start

Reaction score
This was definitely not the maiden flight I expected yesterday, considering all the pre-order research I did on the P2V+. Took it out of the box, installed the Assistant software, upgraded the firmware, went through all the pre-flight checklist items, then took it outside for its first test flight. Connected to the phone app and when everything went green fired up the rotors without a problem. Flew for about 5 minutes under 100 ft altitude and 300 ft range, then brought it down to land.

The landing was soft, but when I flipped the sticks down and inward to stop the rotor motors the UAV tilted on its nose and the front props hit the mowed grass and were prevented from turning, though they tried. The rear props continued to spin normally. Since stick shut-off did not seem to work (maybe I did not wait long enough?) I turned off the UAV at the battery. There was no observable damage or even scuff marks on the two blades. However, when I went to fly this morning, none of the rotor motors will respond to the RC, even when all systems are green, and props remain still.

Any ideas on how to get the unit to respond again? Range Extender and camera Binding did not need resetting, but Is there any other reset button for the controller or Phantom, or did I screw the unit by shutting it off with the battery button?

Strange that it won't start now.

In the future, to shut the motors off, just hold the left stick all the way down for a few seconds after it's on the ground. That will shut off the motors.
The CSC move can cause a tipover and you's seen.

As for the motors not starting now... Any abnormal LED light indications?
I'd plug it into the PC and run the Phantom Assistant. Check the controller calibration and the IMU calibration.

Thanks for responding. Controller calibration was fine, but cannot perform IMU status check because the link remains inactive, even after ten minute wait. Gyroscope mod looks within tolerances, and acceleration mod z is 1.03, which may need basic calibration, but how to do it when all calibration links are grayed out?

VagabondBoy said:
Still cannot start prop motors; anyone else had this problem, or know of a solution?

I had this problem last night..didn't start working again until it cooled down and I did the IMU calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl