Prop longevity

Reaction score
As I'm approaching 50 flights on my bird. I began to wonder about routine maintenance. After a complete visual inspection I began to fixed my attention on the props. Showing no signs of damage or stress, I couldn't help but to wonder. Do they have a suggested life span? Should they be replace at regular intervals? I call upon the experts to weight in and help out a not yet seasoned phantom flyer.

Oh yeah, any other maintenance tips, or anything specific to look out for would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

As I'm approaching 50 flights on my bird. I began to wonder about routine maintenance. After a complete visual inspection I began to fixed my attention on the props. Showing no signs of damage or stress, I couldn't help but to wonder. Do they have a suggested life span? Should they be replace at regular intervals? I call upon the experts to weight in and help out a not yet seasoned phantom flyer.
If they are only hitting air and you don't damage the threads by overtightening, the props last a long time.

As Meta4 said unless you notice damage on threads or chipping / cracks on edges, you need not change props. You may need just a wipe with lightly moist cloth to get any dirt out. I notice red black marks sometimes and clean them.

Props are not expensive and play very important role in flying, you can always buy new set to have peace of mind.

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik