Prop help please

Reaction score
Hey guys i have just bought a second hand dji phantom 1 (bought second hand as strapped for cash and would like to do it up aswell so hopefully get a feel for it so if anything goes wrong i will have an idea on how to fix it) and it doesnt have the orignal motors, i have broken one of the props and i believe it has 1045 props and i was wondering if the 1045 is the size of the prop and will the size differ from the orignal props? i have seen 8045 props i take it these would not fit the motors i have as it isnt 1045? this is all new to me as this is the first rc multirotor i have owned and never owned any decent size rc helis either so sorry for any stupid question i may have or will ask :pany help much appreciated

Barry

Unless the Phantom you bought has arm extensions that push the motors farther apart 10" props will be too long. Most Phantoms have DJI's 9" props (9443's) as those have consistently proven to be about the optimal size/pitch for the Phantom.

If the motors on it don't have reversed threads for self-tightening props you can get a version that will work on other motors: https://docs.google.com/a/metaversemods ... jRmc#gid=0

However, you'll want to confirm first the prop shaft size of the motors you do have on there to make sure you get props with holes that will fit them. If you can take a pic of at least one of the motors, or list any info stamped or printed on them, we can probably let you know what your options for them are.

Thank you very much for your reply, i will get a pic and the make when i get home from work, i have taken a prop off and found that the orginal props do fit but very loosely as the prop shaft is thinner, so for now i have used a wire coil in =side the prop the make it sit of the shaft, obviously this means there is more vibrations but for now i am not recording but will look to either change all the props to ones that fit if i can find the right size or get new motors if these ones arent very good anyway
Barry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers