Prop guards?

No.

There are a set on Amazon that apparently work with the VPS. I'll give them a try at some point most likely.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Really??? I took mine up on a windy beach and it started drifting away from me even though i was full throttle forward.. Watching it fly away was rilly heart breaking especially wen u r showing ur friends n family how cool ur new toy is!!!! Fortunately, once i lowered altitude wind got lower as well and i managed to bring it bck! Lucky for me. Unlucky for many .. Just watch them on utube. Prop guards r like sails on a boat. Thy wont help wid crashes and i feel safer widout it. Anyway up to u!!!

Really??? I took mine up on a windy beach and it started drifting away from me even though i was full throttle forward.. Watching it fly away was rilly heart breaking especially wen u r showing ur friends n family how cool ur new toy is!!!! Fortunately, once i lowered altitude wind got lower as well and i managed to bring it bck! Lucky for me. Unlucky for many .. Just watch them on utube. Prop guards r like sails on a boat. Thy wont help wid crashes and i feel safer widout it. Anyway up to u!!!
Maybe the winds aloft were too high. You said it was windy. Maybe you were in the wrong mode. Sure guards add some weight and add surface area to quad but not to the extent of saying they are like sails on a boat. Guards are not meant for crash protection. They are to protect the props from bumping into things. That's what they do. They also make it easier to see the quad at distance.

Dnt use prop guards!!!! Wind will take ur drone

I've used prop guards on all my birds for years & never had a wind issue with them. Since I've seen this claim from you as well as others, I took them off in winds of 15 mph & noticed no differences in my hover or flight. In ATTI Mode drifting was prevalent in both scenarios. But not more so when using prop guards.

Reactions: Bob D.
I've used prop guards on all my birds for years & never had a wind issue with them. Since I've seen this claim from you as well as others, I took them off in winds of 15 mph & noticed no differences in my hover or flight. In ATTI Mode drifting was prevalent in both scenarios. But not more so when using prop guards.

I have prop guards on my first of three Phantoms I have. Never noticed anything bad about them other than they will cut flight time down a tad. They did save me a prop once when I bumped a tree trunk flying around it. I can fly with either. Ain't no thang. I also don't fly on real windy days either. It's not that I can't, I just don't care for it since I'm usually shooting video.

Sorry but I agree with Monte on this. You were flying in winds too hard. Did the guards help or hurt. Couldn't have help, but hurting was min. They saved my props from hitting the ground a few times before I was confident to hand catch when needed.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sigh... Everyones against me..
Not at all, just a friendly disagreement. It's nice when members can have different views on a subject and everyone keeps their heads, and treat everyone with respect.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20