Prop Guards???

I don't use them with mine. I have them on my cheap quadcopter that i fly around the house and it has saved me a lot when crashing into walls and ceilings and such. but i only fly my phantom outside so i have not had a need for them.

i also don't like them because they affect performance. i'm afraid of a heavy wind day when i forget to take them off and find that even in ATTI mode i can't control my copter enough to bring it home...

In the beginning, it is wise to use the prop guards to save from damaging your quad. Yes the prop guards do effect flight ability and slows down response and abilities, but is hard to see if your a novice. Just remember to take it slow and easy and not get in any hurry on learning to fly any Phantom or Quad. Remember to do the DJI dance before every flight (compass calibration) and make sure that you properly calibrate the IMU for safe flying.
Agree, prop guards helped minimize damage for beginner.

So there you go. Some use prop guards and some do not. It's really a preference thing. What I don't get are people who claim they are like sails but never flew with it on. They just base their comments on what they read. You'll be amazed why it gets a bad rap. As for me, I had them on during a windy day and didn't notice any difference in performance. Yes I have the quick release ones and use them from time to time depending on where I'm flying. They are nothing like sails at all IMO. And they are not just for noobs. They are for anyone who feels comfortable with them on.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree like training wheels. They did impact the performance I saw. With them on, I managed 28 mph. Without them I managed 38 mph. I also noticed an increase in flight time. As far as "messing" with the screws. It might be a good thing to mess with the screws. There are several posts regarding cracking of the engine mounts. This might be caused by over tightened screws from the factory. So in the beginning I added snap on prop guards. Now I don't flew with them but the mounts are still on and may serve as reinforcement, like the backing plates that are sold aftermarket. 63 flights, over 12 hours flying time and 117 miles, never a tumble or crash. Doesn't mean I haven't had my scares thought. :)

I have them on my DJI P3S. I have dual color so it is easy to see what direction I am heading with a glance at it. Not necessary, but I like it.
I got used to propeller guards on my little drone. With the little one I am a little reckless and take more chances.
I have quick release propeller guards as insurance, just in case.

They are sails and more likely to appear in video. The only time I would consider using them would be inside but I never fly inside. To each there own. Yes I have flown with them on my friends standard... Yes there is a difference. It isn't huge but it is different.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree like training wheels. They did impact the performance I saw. With them on, I managed 28 mph. Without them I managed 38 mph. I also noticed an increase in flight time. As far as "messing" with the screws. It might be a good thing to mess with the screws. There are several posts regarding cracking of the engine mounts. This might be caused by over tightened screws from the factory. So in the beginning I added snap on prop guards. Now I don't flew with them but the mounts are still on and may serve as reinforcement, like the backing plates that are sold aftermarket. 63 flights, over 12 hours flying time and 117 miles, never a tumble or crash. Doesn't mean I haven't had my scares thought. :)

What did you use as thread locker?
I can't find anything compatible with plastic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20