Prop Guards

thought the "auto control" sensor would sync up on the gimbal protector versus the floor (if you are talking about the CF one that goes between the legs)... Think there is a post here somewhere...

I'm having more and more fun with the P2+V3... After the P2V+V3 "upgrades", software debacle etc.. I'll fly it for now, wear it out, hope for no flyaway and watch to see if the P3 has the same motor wire issues, software stability and GS features with ample battery supplies before I jump in.... Maybe by Christmas time
I hadn't thought about a guard messing up the senser but I think it's gonna need one .:eek:
I know folks gonna say just fly aware of it not having one but...

That's an example of what I meant .. If you think you need propguards - you're flying in the wrong place.
Rule 1 of safe flying: Don't fly where bumping into people or trees etc is a possibility. Keep well away from people and obstacles.

A good percentage of the videos I've seen shows people dangerously close to the drone. Typically this is where there is limited space in the takeoff/landing area. I don't understand how people dare not using prop guards in these situations. Yes, yes, they are probably undisputed drone pilot masters, but things can still happen. **** for instance...

So, what if I want to take a still or video of something that is in an area with obstructions, say underneath a canopy of trees - what, I am automatically flying where I shouldn't be? I don't think so! And I will smile when I snap my prop guards on! Oh, and I also thread the string between the guards...

My P2V+ has prop guards on - I like them, but they are sometimes visible from the camera and the case I have to carry the quad is rather large. There are times when I am flying in wide open space and don't need the guards, but there are trees in other places I fly. That's why I'm interested in quick-release guards.

I'm a pansy! But I'm a Big Pansy...

Allezdada, use the snap-on type and you're good to go. I use mine when I want, as should you...

Can someone link to a tried and true well reviewed set of snap on/snap off prop guards that will be compatible with P3?

Reactions: F6Rider
I bought some of these for my P2 but not sure if they will fit the P3. Got the free knobs too which are great.
He has some other great vids too.

Can someone link to a tried and true well reviewed set of snap on/snap off prop guards that will be compatible with P3?

Yes they will fit perfectly on P3.
Here are pics of the PhantomClip installed on the P3. PhantomGuard uses the same mounting base so they will all fit.

gogowanda, I don't see any pics attached, but I take your word for it. I purchased the PhantomGuards just now from Bestem. Hope they'll work well. I don't plan to use them all the time, but if even the opportunity to fly indoors or near people arises, I want to be prepared.

gogowanda, the PhantomClips are intriguing. Any pics of them attached to a P3 in the case you showed earlier? How about with guards attached? Thanks.

gogowanda, the PhantomClips are intriguing. Any pics of them attached to a P3 in the case you showed earlier? How about with guards attached? Thanks.
Here is the P2 with guards/clip mounting base attached, sitting perfectly in the PhantomPak. They are screwed into the motor w/ provided screws. I've attached the installation manual - all hand illustrated.

If you get the Phantomclips, get the ones with the guards, avoid the ones for the OEM prop guards
The screws do not have much to grab onto.

The Bestem ones are the best! Easy on and off and no problem storing in the DJI hard shell backpack. I use mine while flying around trees and they help me with bad eyesight on orienting the drone when doing line of sight.

Just remember to check screw sizes when installing and uninstalling the prop guards/clips.
They are longer and can protrude into the motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj