Prop Guards for Phantom 4

Reaction score
While I understand there is obstacle avoidance in the new Phantom 4, there still is a need for Prop Guards. Hard landings/tipping, backing into obstacles, or small obstacles like wire/string may all be potential hazards.

I do not see a place to mount prop guards on the new Phantom 4. The new LED under the motors appear to take up the old mounting points.

Does anyone have any clarification on adding a prop guard? Better safe than sorry.

Thanks.

C.

I have no info, but in looking at the photos I would say that the prop guard design is going to secure itself to the actual motor (those grooves at the base) and part of the arm for stability. It will be an interesting design because, as I've mentioned in another thread, the LED light on the bottom is designed to reflect all the way upward and onto the underside of the propeller, so a prop guard may block this.

P4 PROP.jpg

P4 PROP 2.jpg

On the other hand, IMO...

The P4 is marketed to the 'enthusiast' so this implies a [skill] level or two above the novice/beginner and as such prop guards would not be needed.

Besides, the grooves are touted as ventillation.

Well this is interesting. The Phantom 4 that CNET used to demo, did not have the translucent plastic at the end of each arm as per the photos in my previous post. Does this then mean that this is where prop guards would connect to???

PROP GUARDS.jpg

s_4-775967e4c373d4ea6c3555a780d7f0de.jpg

Quick Release Prop Guards
A refined prop guard design snaps on and off in moments, without a single screw. Ideal for beginners or for flying in small, enclosed environments.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainDrone798
s_4-775967e4c373d4ea6c3555a780d7f0de.jpg

A refined prop guard design snaps on and off in moments, without a single screw. Ideal for beginners or for flying in small, enclosed environments.
Is definitely a better design as one need not loosen motor mounting screws. Also in case of a hit, it might disengage by absorbing shocks.

Reactions: mirrorimage
A refined prop guard design snaps on and off in moments, without a single screw. Ideal for beginners or for flying in small, enclosed environments.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see this prop guard photo? Are they available to order soon ?

Where did you see this prop guard photo? Are they available to order soon ?

DJI's website. Not available @ their online shop at this time & eta is currently unknown.

Prop guard mounted on the motor grooves? in the event of a hit, you would be passing that shock directly to the motor...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1