Prop Guards for P4P?

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for prop guards for the P4P? They seem to have disappeared from the DJI Store and I can't find them anywhere else. And I know all the pros/cons of prop guards so I don't need any enlightenment there, just a source if anyone has seen any?

Thanks

I purchased those exact units and they are for the Phantom 4 (non-Pro), which are not compatible with the P4P.

My Phantom 4 prop guards purchased 6 months ago, work just fine on my Phantom 4 Pro.
I don't see how that is possible, as above I purchased a set of DJI prop guards for the Phantom 4 and they have a different number of mating slots than the P4P body (three slots on the prop guard mating surface but only two on the P4P body) and it is clear that the P4P was intentionally designed to require a different model prop guard. I suppose you could jam them on if you wanted to force them but that clearly wasn't intended.

If you look at 0:21 seconds in the video below and compare to the P4P you will see that the mating surfaces of the P4 prop guard and P4P are clearly not compatible.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Ah, thanks. I guess the non-OEM units may omit the locating slots and thus avoid the incompatibility. I'll give those a try if I'm unable to find the OEM style.

Last edited:
They seem to have disappeared from the DJI Store and I can't find them anywhere else.

I ordered a set from DJI on 12/29 along with a few other items. I received that order yesterday except for the prop guards. I've been told by DJI that those will ship "at a later date". Third parties will soon have P4P compatible versions. Let us know what you are able to find. I am curious if the DJI prop guards for the P4P will disable the forward vision system like they do on the P4.

I purchased these for my P4P: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZ7EX2E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm really happy with them, they work well, the price is great, and they snap onto the drone through the opening near each motor. The one thing I will warn folks about is that they did not fit the P4P opening out of the box (not sure about fitting the P4). I had to sand down a bit the piece of plastic that slides in the drone's opening (attached pic). After I did that, everything just worked well.

20170125_062757-2.jpg

Reactions: That Cicero Guy
I purchased these for my P4P: Amazon.com: Propeller Guard Props Protector for DJI Phantom 4 by C11: Camera & Photo

I'm really happy with them, they work well, the price is great, and they snap onto the drone through the opening near each motor. The one thing I will warn folks about is that they did not fit the P4P opening out of the box (not sure about fitting the P4). I had to sand down a bit the piece of plastic that slides in the drone's opening (attached pic). After I did that, everything just worked well.

View attachment 74407

Are they still performing well? I have had issues with prop guards for my p3adv and it seems the guard would still bend and the prop would touch whatever was against it.

Reactions: Matchlock
I have the exact same prop guards and they work really well. One other great feature is, they DO NOT disable the obstacle avoidance systems in any way.

Bud

Are they still performing well? I have had issues with prop guards for my p3adv and it seems the guard would still bend and the prop would touch whatever was against it.

Last edited:
B&H photo NYC... sent me an email just yesterday- in stock. And these are for the P4P. Straight from DJI, not 3rd party.

I have the exact same prop guars and they work really well. One other great feature is, they DO NOT disable the obstacle avoidance systems in any way.

Bud

Those guards look like they would offer at least some protection fir a light crash sideways, neither front or back, would that be right?

They offer 360 degree protection and I've bumped the drone up against walls to test them and they work really well. You'll have to turn off the obstacle avoidance to test them though. Good luck with them, I really like them.

Bud

Those guards look like they would offer at least some protection fir a light crash sideways, neither front or back, would that be right?

Reactions: jsposito
They offer 360 degree protection and I've bumped the drone up against walls to test them and they work really well. You'll have to turn off the obstacle avoidance to test them though. Good luck with them, I really like them.

Bud
On a P4 however, there are no side obstacle avoidance sensors, so the front sensors can remain on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic