Prop guard users ....

As a newbie, I installed prop guards on my P2V+ and I'm very glad I did. But, they do show in the camera view more than just the props would because they're lower/under the props. I'm ok with that now, but may look to remove them later.

But, I'm concerned about taking them off and then on too many times. I haven't looked closely, but it seems like they're just threaded into plastic bosses. Those aren't designed for constant changing. I would be interested in an approach that didn't involve repeated threading into those bosses. Is there something more substantial these screws are going into???

Did you read the post above yours ??? It's what you need click on the link and LOOK! Your not going to hurt them.

I do understand your concern.

The screws actually thread into the threaded mounting holes in the metal bottom/mounting end of the motors.
These are actually the canopy mounting thumb knobs for RC helicopters (but with longer SHCS) that also thread into metal (aluminum) to secure the canopy to the airframe.

I posted this as an alternative way for people that remove the guards to pack their Phantom up.

But irrespective of plastic or metal your concern is not unwarranted, sooner or later the threads 'will' wear out.
But ...... some of my helis are over 10 years old and still on the same knobs. ;)

Got it. I've only had my P2V+ for a couple of days and when I installed the guards, the screws FELT like they were only threading into plastic, so I was careful not to tighten then very much. I'm glad to know they tread into the aluminum (?) on the motors. Seems like your solution would work well. For now, I'm just going to leave them on.

Great tip! After spending $150+ for a case for my P2 I was disappointed to realize I'd be disassembling it every time I packed it up. This'll speed it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1