Prop guard screws?

FRS

Reaction score
I am a new pilot attempting to learn but I really want to install the prop guards. My DSLRpros kit did not come with any longer screws and the ones in the phantom now are too short. Does anyone know the exact screw I need? I've heard horror stories of people using longer screws than needed and screwing up the motor.

Size is ( M3 12mm long ) Only use WITH prop guards, that is where people
Mess up, they take off prop guards, and put screw back in ( so they don't loose it )
Ultimately damaging motor windings!

( this screw size ONLY FOR DJI PROP GUARDS! ( also fit off brand MOLDED PLASTIC GUARDS )
( fiberglass guards, aren't as THICK, and require shorter screws )

Hope this helps!

Yes this is very helpful. Does this look like the DJI prop guards? Model # on the backside is 0 - X0X0

2gv3qma.jpg

Hello,
Those look like ( OFF BRAND ) guards, ( molded plastic. ( screws WILL WORK )),
Just a note:
( off brand guards, are a different ( PITCH ) than DJI GUARDS, I had to buy DJI,
Because I bought an off brand set ( orange ) color, and my ( self tightening props )
Hit the guards ( pitch too high ), bought dji guards and problem solved, unfortunately not in ORANGE,
Only in white! When you put the guards on, spin props, and carefully check clearance between props
And guards! If VERY CLOSE, ( or hitting guards ) disgard prop guards ( throw away ) buy DJI, if you have plenty of clearance
Go fly and have fun! ( I only say this because a $20 set of guards is cheaper, than a crashed phantom! )
Just a thought!
( I think the higher pitch guards were more designed for phantoms using. ( NON-self-tightening props )
I have a P2V!

Hope this helps!

Here are DJI GUARDS:
29CB8A4A-8C1F-4DD1-88BB-65B7408C7F21_zpsyebvw5ye.jpg

Yeah I desperately need these on cause I've already had a tip over on take over, and a crash into a tree.. stupid newbie here. I honestly can't even figure out how to get into "gps" mode. Atti is showing up over the FPV monitor.. any ideas? Also how much of a clearance ?

Hello,
I would contact ( DSLRpros ) since it is not a DJI controller ( Tx ) and ask what all
Toggles do ( for your model ) or if another member with one may know? ( I cannot help you there, sorry )

As for clearance, I'd say 1/8 inch at least ( more would be better ) .
( your props will flex a bit ) not much and mostly Upwards upon liftoff,
But say you land a bit hard causing props to negatively flex, hitting guards and breaking the props or crashing the phantom!
( I would instal guards, measure clearance, just use best judgement. )

Ok,
Takeoff, it is better to FLOOR IT , upon takeoff, once you get 6-8 feet up, ease off throttle, and hover or fly around as normal )
For some reason if you takeoff slow or cautiously, it wants to tip over? Has happened to me once as well, destroying both
Rear props!
With phantoms, I find slow easy steady movements of the sticks are best! Nice smooth flight, plus flying a bit slower ( in turns ) not so erky jerky, plus you'll get nicer video footage, when you get better at flying, then do the high speed passes, and turns! I just like ( CRUISING ) lol! Plus I noticed that a lot of my friends who fly, and are aggressive fliers, tend to get yelled at ALOT, by neighbors and pedestrians, as it looks out of control, and blades get LOUD, when turning hard, I've yet to be yelled at ( knock on wood ), most are just curious! I also do ALOT, of simple flight maneuvers, circles, figure 8's, circles with camera facing me, different orientations ( flying camera facing me, then camera away, then camera left, camera right, ect ) these types of training maneuvers, are VERY useful when learning to fly!

Hope this helps!

Here is my phantom:
AD264499-71BE-4D00-894E-7E3399570D19_zpsdaux1gzc.jpg

Take care, Fly safe!

I'm waiting on dslrpros answer regarding the futaba. Thank you for the tips! I will definitely start using those tips next time I fly.

Happy flying

FRS said:
Yes this is very helpful. Does this look like the DJI prop guards? Model # on the backside is 0 - X0X0

2gv3qma.jpg

I am glad you brought this up. I'll be calling DSLRPros tomorrow to remind them to triple check my kit. It could be ready to ship by the end of next week. I am excited, but getting nervous. My GoPro arrived yesterday, but after I set it up, I haven't seen it much -- my bride has been all over our property playing with it. She loves it...I hope I get it back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4