Prop guard screws advice?

Reaction score
(Really sorry about the lengthy post)

Hi everyone, i bought my first drone last week (P3A) and, being totally new to flying, had no idea about the misery that long prop guard screws can have.

So i installed every prop guard using the corrsct screws to the correct depth, all but one. In a moment of madness i decided to screw one of the screws into the unit without the prop guard housing attached, and drove this screw all the way into the hole (stupid i know).

After putting all prop guards on correctly my drone never managed to fly due to the 'ESC status Error' message appearing on the controller.

Ive since looked in through each motor housing with a torch, and i can see that just one motor (the one i drove the screw into) has its copper wires squashed in one place.

Im going to take the unit apart today so i can see the internals. Now im guessing only one motor is damaged and not the ESC? Because i've not had any actual flying time on it yet. Im willing to buy another motor and try to swap it out. Would i be able to see any visible damage on the ESC if there is any?

Im hoping there isnt 

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

You should try replacing that motor before digging deeper into anything else. That's most likely all that is damaged.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl