Prop guard question on PS3

Reaction score
I recently got a P3S, been having a ton of fun flying it. So far I have flown it in wider open outdoor areas and not really need prop guards. I keep it relatively high to avoid treetops. Now that I am getting better at flying there are some areas I would like to fly that that have houses\buildings and want to get prop guards on. Even potentially in some warehouses I have access to.

Questions
1) Does the P3S still have the issues with stress cracks on the arms? I read people posting about this about a year ago but never saw if it was actually resolved or still an issue?
2) The set of prop guards I have don't have any loctite material on the screws, but I also read not to use loctite as it can damage the plastic? Should I just check the tightness of the screws pre-flight every time? Or is there someone people are using to ensures the screws don't loosen and fall out from vibration etc?

TIA,
Jason

I recently got a P3S, been having a ton of fun flying it. So far I have flown it in wider open outdoor areas and not really need prop guards. I keep it relatively high to avoid treetops. Now that I am getting better at flying there are some areas I would like to fly that that have houses\buildings and want to get prop guards on. Even potentially in some warehouses I have access to.

Questions
1) Does the P3S still have the issues with stress cracks on the arms? I read people posting about this about a year ago but never saw if it was actually resolved or still an issue?
2) The set of prop guards I have don't have any loctite material on the screws, but I also read not to use loctite as it can damage the plastic? Should I just check the tightness of the screws pre-flight every time? Or is there someone people are using to ensures the screws don't loosen and fall out from vibration etc?

TIA,
Jason
Have guard brackets and never through about checking the screws for getting loose. It's been nine months now, no issues yet?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It was posted some months ago that Dji had altered the interior of the arms to combat cracking, not going to take mine apart so no idea if true. I use the official prop guards and leave them on, never checked screw tightness.
You will get some saying prop guardsre bad for performance in the wind, again mine stay on so absolutely no idea if true. I don't like the idea of continually refitting parts.

It was posted some months ago that Dji had altered the interior of the arms to combat cracking, not going to take mine apart so no idea if true. I use the official prop guards and leave them on, never checked screw tightness.
You will get some saying prop guardsre bad for performance in the wind, again mine stay on so absolutely no idea if true. I don't like the idea of continually refitting parts.
I have an after-market version that only the guard itself has to be removed or installed, but the bracket part of the guards stays on the drone, so you're only needing to mess with the screws once.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4