Prop Guard for Phantom 4

Reaction score
I have picked up today a pack of Prop Guards for Phantom 4. I am now having some second thoughts about using them. My concern is that they could cause some unnecessary turbulence disturbing airflow below the propellers. I am also worried, seeing how flimsy they are, about loosing them mid-flight. As the Prop Guards were earlier available for Phantom 3, can someone share the experience and thoughts about using them.

I am also worried, seeing how flimsy they are, about loosing them mid-flight.
If you have them fully clipped on, they shouldn't fall off unless the prop guard clip is damaged. Just double-check the clips as part of your pre-flight checklist before taking off.

FYI, prop guards work best for indoor flying. If you're flying outdoors, it would be better to use the obstacle sensing system or fly above all obstacles until you're more comfortable flying around obstacles.

The Prop guards are fairly snug and should never come off if the clips are not broken. As for turbulence, the drone body arms that hold the motors will introduce far more turbulence than the prop guards. They are very sleek and will not impact flight other than weight. (18g/guard, 72g total for 4)

The ideal time to use them is if you fly in an environment with potential obstacles that may not be seen by obstacle avoidance. Example, small branches. They are also a must if you have any intention to fly near items that are easily damaged or near people. While flying near people is obviously not advised, I've seen several cinematography clips that use the drone around a few people. Following / tracking a person is a good example.

I'll keep my prop guards, but I don't suspect I'll fly with them unless there is a chance for debris, harm, or damage to the environment around me.

C.

What Chris said, I have a set I find you can here the difference but flight is pretty much the same. My wife was learning to land and managed to lean the P4 on it's side on the guards. I was real glade I had put them on the bird. In many situations use them and forget about not being cool. They work!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is a video on them.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers